• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison backstraps recipe

I usually cut my backs strap in half length ways. Marinate for 1-4 hours in a little olive oil, rosemary, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and a splash of red wine. Pull the slab of meat out of the marinate and throw it on a 350-450 degree grill for maybe 7 minutes on each side, remove, rest for 10-15 minutes under aluminum foil, then slice into medallions. Should be medium rare in the middle, with a decent sear on the outside. This simple prep will blow you mind. I don’t like hiding the meat flavor by breading and frying. I don’t even bread my cubed cuts. And please don’t bother cubing the backstrap. I’ve never had one that was even remotely tough. I cube the tougher cuts off the ham, or leave them whole for roasts.

Butt Rub marinade. Wrap in thick cut bacon. Charcoal with wood chips. Start indirect heat for bout an hour. Move to direct heat to bring up to temp. Slice in between strips of bacon and enjoy. Don't share with the neighbors...they won't leave you alone when you fire up a grill

This is the best venison backstrap recipe I know of. It came out of the Camouflage Cuisine cook book and I've used it for years with awesome results.
Marinade: 1 cup of soy sauce (la choy-I hate Kikkoman)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of honey
ground ginger
ground garlic
Mix all of this up and put in the backstraps and let them soak for several days in the refrigerator if possible. Let them sit out at room temperature for several hours before you get ready to grill them.
Get the grill good and hot and sear backstraps on each side twice before cutting back to medium heat. Mix up 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce,1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of soy sauce to baste over meat while it slow cooks for another 25 to 30 minutes or so.

This is the best venison backstrap recipe I know of. It came out of the Camouflage Cuisine cook book and I've used it for years with awesome results.
Marinade: 1 cup of soy sauce (la choy-I hate Kikkoman)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of honey
ground ginger
ground garlic
Mix all of this up and put in the backstraps and let them soak for several days in the refrigerator if possible. Let them sit out at room temperature for several hours before you get ready to grill them.
Get the grill good and hot and sear backstraps on each side twice before cutting back to medium heat. Mix up 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce,1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of soy sauce to baste over meat while it slow cooks for another 25 to 30 minutes or so.
What time we eatin.lol

Don’t over do it with the seasonings. Slice into steaks, salt and pepper, throw it on the grill. Cook medium rare, anything more and it ain’t hardly worth eating. I usually slice about 3/4” thick and cook about 3 minutes on each side, on a hot grill.

Cut steaks a half inch thick .

Cube em if you like

Roll in flour

Fry in lard till golden brown adding salt & pepper

Make rice

Make biskets

Make gravy

Eat like a king :hungry::hungry:
Yep, cube em, Marinade in soy sauce, season flour and work into meat tapping with the edge of a dish like grandma did. Fry, make gravy, biscuits mmmm

Butterfly them, pack with jalapenos and cream cheese, wrap with bacon, toss on grill.

Or if you are feeling lazy, toss in crockpot with onions, potatoes, carrots and pot roast seasonings.

Don’t over do it with the seasonings. Slice into steaks, salt and pepper, throw it on the grill. Cook medium rare, anything more and it ain’t hardly worth eating. I usually slice about 3/4” thick and cook about 3 minutes on each side, on a hot grill.
This is it for me simple seasoning and throw it on the grill.

Don't over cook. Go rare...

My son killed a doe last night and we had the tenderloins on the grill before they got cool...

Back
Top Bottom