• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travelling to Illinois

I'm from Watertown. Miss the weather about 3 days a year and nothing else. F that place.
F that place is right. Only go to visit family once maybe twice a year. Ain't nothing in Ripley but grapes and meth heads. I do a bit of small mouth bass fishing when I go and thats the only enjoyable thing to do there.

Last time I drove through Illinois I asked my wife how it felt driving with a potential felon. She gave me that look like “what are you talking about” so I reminded her that I was concealed carrying in a non free state. She told me to be careful and I said, “I am being careful, that’s why I conceal carry, duh!”

I’m not a lawyer and this isn’t sound legal advice…but f*** Illinois and their stupid laws. Free men don’t ask permission. (Although we may not be free for long trying to prove that)

Meanwhile...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618-125657.png
    Screenshot_20230618-125657.png
    497.6 KB · Views: 21
As a former resident. You can have a gun in your vehicle if its unloaded, totally enclosed in a case. This means? Assume your gun is in a rug, the zipper is broken and only zips half way. The gun is visible and exposed. If the gun can be seen or is loose, in a holster, although in the glove box, or center console you are still up ****s creek and on your way to
to Camp Governor with your choice or George Ryan or Blagojevich wing. Ammo must be inaccessible to the drive and gun. This means the gun and ammo must be separated so should you to access the gun you must exit the vehicle in order to do so and vise versa. "The gun and ammo cannot both be in "Easy Access" of one another.
This is to prevent from grabbing the gun and loading it without leaving the driver or passenger seat.
So in short, if you follow the law the gun will do you no good. I am a former resident and gun shop owner from the Communist Republic of Illinoiska. The law is set up that only criminals and the few who jumped through their demanding legal hoops are carrying guns. One of the reasons I jumped at the chance to move to FREE AMERICA. AKA Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom