• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Travelling to Illinois

jas4u

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
I will be driving to Illinois next month, not in Chicago nor the surrounding Chicago counties.I know we don't have reciprocity in that state with our GCWL. What owuld be my best option? I just want to have something, even if it will just be in the car or bag, as long as I have something.
In case pf traffic stops, can someone clarify their laws regarding weapons inside the car.

Posted using my neighbor's wifi.

Your best bet is to keister a snub nose and hope you don't get pulled over by a gay cop. For realz though, look at the laws yourself. They don't **** around in liberal states. You will go to prison even if you didn't mean to break their unconstitutional laws.

You cannot legally carry a gun in IL. Or even own one since you don't have a firearms ID card.

You CAN travel through IL with the gun unloaded and in a place not easily accessible or in a locked container. But you cannot stay in IL for more than getting gas or taking a leak.

If you are going to stay, leave any firearms at home. Same as NY, MA or any other occupied state.

Had this same issue while traveling to upstate NY. I just left my carry pistol with a family member in Ohio before I crossed into Pennsylvania. Not worth the charges you'll get if you were to get caught. And I have no doubt that they do look for outta state plates. Especially in NY. Im sure Illinois is no better.

Had this same issue while traveling to upstate NY. I just left my carry pistol with a family member in Ohio before I crossed into Pennsylvania. Not worth the charges you'll get if you were to get caught. And I have no doubt that they do look for outta state plates. Especially in NY. Im sure Illinois is no better.

Where in upstate ny?

Back
Top Bottom