• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thought you were overpaying for ammo? Check out the price on this guy.

so federal hollowpoints should cost 800 dollars per 1K

you are smoking crack
Not "should" but did and does. That ammunition has always been premium self defense loaded ammunition. And it lives up to its reputation from my testing in ballistic gelatin. It absolutely cannot be compared to Winchester white box "range food" other than it's in 9mm and it goes bang. Well, the Winchester white box goes bang most of the time.

Not "should" but did and does. That ammunition has always been premium self defense loaded ammunition. And it lives up to its reputation from my testing in ballistic gelatin. It absolutely cannot be compared to Winchester white box "range food" other than it's in 9mm and it goes bang. Well, the Winchester white box goes bang most of the time.
ya count me in the camp that considers that largely hype :)

ya count me in the camp that considers that largely hype :)
Fair enough. 9mm ball ammunition has killed millions, not going to argue otherwise. There's a reason though why some folks shoot premium loads and plinking loads and some don't ever shoot premium loads. One thing you'll rarely if ever see on the firing line at a High Power rifle match is a Wolf ammunition box. We all shoot premium hand loads or commercial match ammunition that costs 2 to 3 times the standard range fare.

pretty sure ive seen them under 300 for 1K

my 115 gr fmj (typically geco, ppu, or some group like that) was roughly 160 by comparison before this retardness
Yeah - Never cost that. Congrats on bottom dredging the ammo pool and thinking everything costs the same, or should cost the same, or whatever is running around in your head.

When you can even find them, the Speer GDHP projectiles are about $25 for 100. That's just the "bullet tip" (ODT parlance) nothing else. I haven't seen them on the shelf or available online in some time. Hell even when the wholesaler I buy from has stock the projectiles are 17.4 cents each and the loaded ammo? .86 cents per round.

Stop it. Facts aren't allowed in here. Only senseless screeching about high prices and price gouging.
When you can even find them, the Speer GDHP projectiles are about $25 for 100. That's just the "bullet tip" (ODT parlance) nothing else. I haven't seen them on the shelf or available online in some time. Hell even when the wholesaler I buy from has stock the projectiles are 17.4 cents each and the loaded ammo? .86 cents per round.

Stop it. Facts aren't allowed in here. Only senseless screeching about high prices and price gouging.
upload_2020-4-8_10-49-6.png

I am just over the lead times for non ammo and other freak out items due to the demand for them. Taking 5-10 days to process order from people that usually have same day shipping is driving me crazy. Partly because I am trying to find things to do while stuck here. I ordered a grip module for a 320 and it has been about 2 weeks. should be here today. Now want to order a few mags and I know there will be the same delay. Even thought about buying form sig and paying a little more but the shipping for 5-10 days is still $10 and to get it out 3-5 is like dont even liik at next day price.

Back
Top Bottom