• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, and there are a few exceptions. But the same people that are complaining about the high prices wouldn’t bat an eye snatching up a gun that was priced way low.

To be clear I have seen some members inform fellow members they were pricing their item below what it was worth. Pretty sure the OP has done this.
But I’ve seen many, many more snatch it up and gloat about it.

Yeah, I underpriced a gun I sold yesterday. Thought it was a GI model and it was actually a Milspec model, which cost more money. It was made known to me, I kept the lower price, and even threw in a box of ammo to the buyer... It's never been about making money. We all know what price gouging and some of the outrageous listings we have had lately. We all know it, even if some like to just ignore it. If it doesnt bother you, that's cool. Some folks here thinks is crappy.

Be careful, I see a "Pelosi Set Up" in someones near future.

Or the Mayor of Chicago...

0F8D75BC-6506-4846-8C68-1EE9687EFC03.jpg

Yeah, I underpriced a gun I sold yesterday. Thought it was a GI model and it was actually a Milspec model, which cost more money. It was made known to me, I kept the lower price, and even threw in a box of ammo to the buyer... It's never been about making money. We all know what price gouging and some of the outrageous listings we have had lately. We all know it, even if some like to just ignore it. If it doesnt bother you, that's cool. Some folks here thinks is crappy.

Eh hem, who pointed it out to you? :boink:

Reactions: JWC
Yeah, I underpriced a gun I sold yesterday. Thought it was a GI model and it was actually a Milspec model, which cost more money. It was made known to me, I kept the lower price, and even threw in a box of ammo to the buyer..

You did not know what pistol you owned? I believe most members here know exactly what they own. But you decided to sell a pistol and put a price on it not knowing what model it was. After you found out that it was a different model, and that you under priced the pistol, you kept the lower price and to feel better about under pricing the pistol, you threw in a box a ammo to the buyer. After all the unfounded accusations you have made, and calling any member who profits from the sale of a gun a law breaker, I call BS on your story. I have no knowledge that you story is BS, no proof it is BS, but because I believe it looks to be BS, it must be BS.

I can't believe you stated that you owned a handgun and did not know what it was......really!

Meh. If you don't like someone's behavior put them on ignore and get on with your life. That's my solution to all the folks that list lots of miscellaneous crap over and over again, or numerous firearms at gun-store prices. I'm only interested in seeing ads from people who actually want to sell their stuff vs. those who will keep relisting the same items waiting on that one person who just has to have it. (And yes, I have an awful lot of people on ignore.)

Two things...well, actually three.

1) I sold a gun to an ATF guy once. It's been years ago. He rolled up to the meet in a black Crown Vic with a black ATF polo shirt on and everything. He made no indication at all prior to the meet that he was ATF. It was a Rossi .38 as I recall. Anyhow, he never asked to see ID or anything, didn't offer his either. We shook hands and as he was walking back to the car, I asked him if they really did watch the site. He responded with "How do you think I found you?" and laughed.

B) This thread is stupid...and I agree with @KBD431. The market ebbs and flows. I'm so tired of the moaning every time someone gets caught with their pants down. If you bought a Delton AR three years ago for $400 and you just sold it for $850, good for you! Anyone that says "I only deal in pre-covid pricing" is an idiot. Full stop.

III) SirBannedAlot SirBannedAlot , using the term "price gouging" to refer to gun sales goes a long way to proving how little anyone should care about your opinion on the issue. It isn't "gouging" and it never will be. And to your point about "flipping?" How could you possibly know or prove anything about which you're having this "interesting discussion?" You couldn't. At the heart of it, you really just want to bravo and mike about people's prices. You want to Hall Monitor the foxtrot out of the classifieds and show everybody how much you know and how right you are. Reference your faux humility story regarding this mythical 1911 sale you "just" did. You think you're smarter than most on the board and you're passive aggression will only hide it from them for so long. GLWTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom