• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this about being able to call people out on their outrageously overpriced items. As much fun as that would be, this website is a business. If the mods allowed everyone to go on listings and call people out and harass them, a lot less people would list their items on here which would eventually cost the business money.

You also have to think about what the standard would be for determining what is to be considered overpriced. My threshold may be different than yours or the next guy's.

Full disclosure: I've done it before and I've had my hand slapped for it. Sometimes the temptation is too great. I don't get butthurt about it though. I understand why the rule applies.

So you're not a free market capitalist. Got it.

No one is "ripping" anyone "off." If I list an OEM Glock for $800 and somebody buys it, I bet they don't complain when they do. Case in point. I've always wanted a true dissipator. I've had fakes ones before with a carbine gas system and an A2 just bolted on to the front, but I have always wanted a true dissy. One popped up for sale and I snagged it. It had an Anderson lower and a Delton upper...but it was what I wanted and I paid the guy $650 for it. Did I get "ripped off?" It's definitely not a $650 rifle in my eyes, but in this market, I was willing to pay the price. Didn't even haggle with the guy. This all boils down to the point you're about to make for me below.

Aaaaaaand there it is. Like I said in my original response, this has nothing to do with anything other than the fact that you want to play Hall Monitor. As I also said earlier, GLWTS. :yo:

I am a free market capitalist. In a free market, the consumer is allowed a voice. They can speak, they can call something out, they can use their voice to exert influence on said market, and help keep things in check.

That's not what this is. Here, the consumer is muted, gagged.

You clearly don't know what a free market is. You like some parts of it, but not others. You like being able to "do whatever you want", without someone calling you out on it.

That's not a free market, son...

I am a free market capitalist. In a free market, the consumer is allowed a voice. They can speak, they can call something out, they can use their voice to exert influence on said market, and help keep things in check.

You clearly don't know what a free market is. You like some parts of it, but not others. You like being able to "do whatever you want", without someone calling you out on it.

"Son?" That's cute.

I'm done arguing with you. You have "a voice." Don't buy it.

If you don't like the rules, you're welcome to leave.

You keep saying this, but it is not true. Go into any gunstore and start telling the other customers that the prices are too high. You will be told to leave. Now you can go into the restaurant across the street and talk about how high the gun stores prices are, you can call your buddies and talk about it, but you cannot do it inside the business you are talking about without being told to leave.

Hell it's not just gunstores. Go into a Publix and start telling everyone in the deli area how overpriced their deli meet is and report back.

No different than here.

You keep saying this, but it is not true. Go into any gunstore and start telling the other customers that the prices are too high. You will be told to leave. Now you can go into the restaurant across the street and talk about how high the gun stores prices are, you can call your buddies and talk about it, but you cannot do it inside the business you are talking about without being told to leave.

Hell it's not just gunstores. Go into a Publix and start telling everyone in the deli area how overpriced their deli meet is and report back.

No different than here.

A better analogy would be a gun show that's open to the public... I see someone looking at a $900 used glock, and I am like, "Dude, the table over there has them new for $500"...

I get that the rules are the rules... Not gonna change because of me. I accept that.

I just find it annoying that people who flip and charge outrageous prices, aren't man enough to just admit it. They hide behind fake arguments and crap, when they could just as easily say, "Yeah, I am being an opportunist and trying to make money and I figure if someone is dumb enough to pay 50% over retail for a used gun, I will take their money all day long"...

Why not just own it? If there is nothing wrong with this practice, why lie or pretend that that's not what is going on?

I know that we can't and won't stop it. This argument from me is more ideological... If someone thinks that this is just how things work, why hide from it and try to claim that it is something other than it is?

A better analogy would be a gun show that's open to the public... I see someone looking at a $900 used glock, and I am like, "Dude, the table over there has them new for $500"...

I get that the rules are the rules... Not gonna change because of me. I accept that.

I just find it annoying that people who flip and charge outrageous prices, aren't man enough to just admit it. They hide behind fake arguments and crap, when they could just as easily say, "Yeah, I am being an opportunist and trying to make money and I figure if someone is dumb enough to pay 50% over retail for a used gun, I will take their money all day long"...

Why not just own it? If there is nothing wrong with this practice, why lie or pretend that that's not what is going on?

I know that we can't and won't stop it. This argument from me is more ideological... If someone thinks that this is just how things work, why hide from it and try to claim that it is something other than it is?

If it was my table at a gunshow you said that in front of I would tell you to leave and alert security.

I myself have much better things to occupy my mind with than what other people do with their private property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom