• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

The legality of gun flippers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? How would this idea work? Who would decide if a seller is suspected of illegal wrong doing? WCould a seller appeal to okuma - before they we turned in? Wouldn't members just sell a fewer number to avoid any threshold or just sell elsewhere? Couldn't the site be held libel if someone was turned in and they had done nothing wrong?

Would ODT staff have to interview the seller first and get receipts/documents to show a gun wasn't just bought to be "flipped"? Would they be allowed to sell just a certain number of guns per month? How long would you have to own a gun before selling? What about other items - does ODT start looking for other questionable fer sail ads? I think this will drive away more people and hurt the web site in an effort to fix a problem that may, or may not, exist.

Please provide the specifics of this bad idea.

It's not really an idea, more of a question... ANd i won't lie, having a bit of tongue in cheek fun.

While the price gouging and some of the flipping here does annoy me, I was curious how many other people it annoys as well. Additionally, you can usually determine who might be guilty of something, when you "propose" to eliminate it and then watch who screams the loudest. Like saying we are gonna require Voter ID cards... look who complains the loudest. Announce that you will put an end to ABC, and see who objects.

I used to sell and implement time and labor solutions many years ago. We would replace paper punch clocks with hand scanners. The company wanted to eliminate "Buddy punching", aka time theft. We would install them, and then Payroll and HR would tell us which people would be screaming and complaining, spouting everything from health concerns to conspiracies...

Made it very obvious who was doing the buddy punching, and who didn't want that gravy train to end... haha

Anyway, do what you guys will. I will still sell and trade at pre covid prices and not take part in some of the lunacy here.

Personally, I think that anyone accusing anyone else of "gouging" when they sell a gun is just jealous that they didn't buy the same gun for a cheaper price. Are they asking a high price? Maybe. There are plenty of guns for sale at gun shops if you don't like the price. Guns and ammo were readily available and very reasonably priced just six months ago. You should have planned ahead and bought then (or any other time in the last several years.) People that haven't learned their lessons from the MYRIAD of gun scares and shortages and wait to buy until there's another one are retards and SHOULD have to pay the retard tax.

Edit: And this thread sucks.

I have been on this site for several years and its very sad to me to see how much of the time is spent on this topic after every event that increases market price. Why is that guys who sell and make a buck are bad guys and guys who sell and loose a buck are good guys. How about the members that are purchasing a firearm at BELOW market and boasting about it. Shouldn't they be punished because they clearly took advantage of another member by paying less then market price.

Fort every action that takes place on this site as well as other I promise you will find one or more people that are butt hurt by it as it appears OP is about those who sell an item for more than they paid, or heck he is even butt hurt about someone who sells it to fast.

Why do we on ODT want to join in the "cancel culture" that seems to be taking over the world today. Is it really too complex to simply mind our own business? Participate in what makes sense to us and move past what doesn't.

Anyway, as a long time member this is getting very petty and it is sad to see ODT go down this rat hole, I use to think we were better than this.

4ay6ou.jpg

Funny, and there are a few exceptions. But the same people that are complaining about the high prices wouldn’t bat an eye snatching up a gun that was priced way low.

To be clear I have seen some members inform fellow members they were pricing their item below what it was worth. Pretty sure the OP has done this.
But I’ve seen many, many more snatch it up and gloat about it.

Personally, I think that anyone accusing anyone else of "gouging" when they sell a gun is just jealous that they didn't buy the same gun for a cheaper price. Are they asking a high price? Maybe. There are plenty of guns for sale at gun shops if you don't like the price. Guns and ammo were readily available and very reasonably priced just six months ago. You should have planned ahead and bought then (or any other time in the last several years.) People that haven't learned their lessons from the MYRIAD of gun scares and shortages and wait to buy until there's another one are retards and SHOULD have to pay the retard tax.

Edit: And this thread sucks.

Ummm... I *DID* buy the guns at cheaper prices, from local gun stores. In some cases. for almost $200 cheaper. I have ore guns than I can shoot and plenty of ammo... It's not a case of me not preparing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom