• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Super sport gurus.

2014 636 makes 135
2014 10R makes 199

Maybe my math is off, but it seems like you need to add 64 to get from 135 to 199

You're right. I misread - the article I have is about 5 years old and was anticipating 160 horse. Either way, the gap in performance is almost marginal. The middleweight bikes are making a comeback, and the liter bikes are going the way of the dinosaur. The liter bikes are only running on the days of the power wars from the late 90's and early 2k's.

You're right. I misread - the article I have is about 5 years old and was anticipating 160 horse. Either way, the gap in performance is almost marginal. The middleweight bikes are making a comeback, and the liter bikes are going the way of the dinosaur. The liter bikes are only running on the days of the power wars from the late 90's and early 2k's.
You may be right about that.
Seeing that most cars now have forced induction, I wouldn't mind a supercharged 200hp 600 revving to 16k
That would be so kick ass

The Suzuki 750 is essentially a factory race bike. So that would be my choice in the options listed.

Last edited:
for myself I would buy a liter bike over a 600 any day. With the current crop of electronics packages on the liter bikes, if you have a bit of skill, you can really run them hard (on the track, running a liter bike hard on the street is asking for it). AFAIK they aren't putting much in the way of electronics on the new 600s (traction control, wheelie control, bank angle sensor ABS, etc). The liter bikes are the "bang for the buck" but you do have to treat them with a bit of respect (i.e. don't turn off the electronics!).

personally my next street bike will be a Super Duke 1290 more than likely.

the HP wars are over for the most part, it's the electronics packages that define what is a "super bike" these days. Whoever can get that power to the ground wins.

for myself I would buy a liter bike over a 600 any day. With the current crop of electronics packages on the liter bikes, if you have a bit of skill, you can really run them hard (on the track, running a liter bike hard on the street is asking for it). AFAIK they aren't putting much in the way of electronics on the new 600s (traction control, wheelie control, bank angle sensor ABS, etc). The liter bikes are the "bang for the buck" but you do have to treat them with a bit of respect (i.e. don't turn off the electronics!).

personally my next street bike will be a Super Duke 1290 more than likely.

the HP wars are over for the most part, it's the electronics packages that define what is a "super bike" these days. Whoever can get that power to the ground wins.
I personally hate electronic aids. I had my bike reprogrammed specifically so i could turn off t/c and power limits. I even look specifically for the non abs model. All those gizmos are neat but i prefer to be the one riding my bike. Those electronics do make you go faster, mostly because they cover up poor riding skills. Im not saying im a great rider, i just havent had my bike to the edge a race track environment would provide.

As far as the hp wars, certainly not over. Have you seen the new crop of bikes? If your not pushing 200hp this year, your behind. The new s1000rr, the r1, and i guess the zx10 too. Kawasaki even poked the bear with the H2 model.

Back
Top Bottom