• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Car audio gurus needed

I tried it both ways but Ill double check where it's set currently.
You know what. I have the dumb....ignore what I said. KSouth KSouth was right. LPF should be on. I was thinking gate, not pass. LPF cuts out high end and lets PASS the low end. That's why it's called a "low pass" filter. Long day. :faint:

My son has an issue with a Kicker TC10 sub in his Mustang. He has a basic Kenwood head unit with 3 separate RCA outputs for front and rear speakers and a separate RCA output for sub. He has two amps. One is a 1000 watt Pioneer which is feeding his front and rear speakers. They sound pretty good and have been installed for several months. This weekend we added a 500 watt Pioneer amp and bridged it to power a Kicker 10" sub box. The Kicker sounds very faint and kind of "fuzzy". We swapped in a friends cheap Dual brand 10" sub box and it thumps away like a redneck version of freaknik. Swap the Kicker back in and low static-ish sound and fuzzy distortion. His brother has the same amps and Kicker sub in his Tacoma and it sounds pretty good. So we swapped the same model Kicker TC10 from the Tacoma into the Mustang and experience the same low static-ish sound and fuzzy distortion - we know this sub is good. The Mustang Kicker sounds great once connected in the Tacoma as well. My question is WTH?!?!!?

*After all this we connect the cheap Dual sub back up and it sounds as it should. What am I missing here?
I have heard that Mustang...
He doesn't need a stereo & speakers, since he has the built in 4.6 V8 sound system!! :behindsofa:

Just listen to the engine, that's what I do!

I have heard that Mustang...
He doesn't need a stereo & speakers, since he has the built in 4.6 V8 sound system!! :behindsofa:

Just listen to the engine, that's what I do!

Now he smells coolant when the AC is on. I assume that’s going to be a heater core. Drop by and supervise! We need all the help we can get.

Back
Top Bottom