• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Super sport gurus.

I disagree. My ZX6R rides fine on my 45 min commute each way. I can usually ride about 2 and a half hours before I need a break, and even then, 10 minutes and cigarette and I'm ready for 2 more hours of fun. My Sunday rides are usually at least 2 hours.
I used to wonder why people complained about sportsbikes too. After riding them for a awhile i find its more comfortable riding more upright. Some guys never have those problems and ride sportsbikes till they die. Some of us beat the crud out of our boddies and dont want to need to take a break every 2 hours.

For me, i mostly commute but if i lived in dalonegha or such, i wouldnt hesitate to buy a r6.

Also in before the cruiser crowd laughs at needing a break.

I used to wonder why people complained about sportsbikes too. After riding them for a awhile i find its more comfortable riding more upright. Some guys never have those problems and ride sportsbikes till they die. Some of us beat the crud out of our boddies and dont want to need to take a break every 2 hours.

For me, i mostly commute but if i lived in dalonegha or such, i wouldnt hesitate to buy a r6.

I've had a cruiser before. It was MORE uncomfortable to me. I sat too low on it (like my legs were in a short chair, but holding up a bike) and the heat from the engine seemed to be worse. But, to each his own. And yes, I needed just as many breaks on a cruiser as I do on a sport bike.

I've had a cruiser before. It was MORE uncomfortable to me. I sat too low on it (like my legs were in a short chair, but holding up a bike) and the heat from the engine seemed to be worse. But, to each his own. And yes, I needed just as many breaks on a cruiser as I do on a sport bike.
Ive played on a couple cruisers to. The boys do a get a roasting on some models, that rear cyclinder is danger close. Some are more comfortable than others, and different setups can be night and day. I rode with a windscreen on one bike and it was the worst thing ever, took it off and i thoroughly enjoyed the bike after. Id love to have a cruiser (HD) for lazy strolls to work or slow group rides but still have to have a sportsbike for day to day.

Best part is there are choices for each rider out there

I disagree. My ZX6R rides fine on my 45 min commute each way. I can usually ride about 2 and a half hours before I need a break, and even then, 10 minutes and cigarette and I'm ready for 2 more hours of fun. My Sunday rides are usually at least 2 hours.

Disclaimer: I'm right at 6 feet tall with long monkey arms, so you ride comfort may vary.
My commute is stop and go for over an hour. OPs presumably is not.
Last bike I had only required gas stops on 500+ mile days. Whatever works for you.

of the ones you mention the CBR IMHO is the most comfortable. Kawasaki is right in there too. R6 is a fantastic sport bike but not comfortable at all and the power band is very high rpm oriented.

most of the 600's aren't ideal for around town riding as you have to rev them to make them really scoot and then you're into go to jail zone. Well at least on my CBR1000rr it was. lol. 100mph at redline in second gear. :)

I know you are set on a sport bike and those are all good choices. But like someone mentioned it might be worth it to expand your horizons. Either look at used bike (WAY better deals to be had right now, it's a buyers market). Consider something like an SV650. Awesome bikes, some clean examples around, and it will grow with you. The v-twin is great for commuting and with a pipe they sound good. 75 hp is plenty for playing around...

very nice 3500 miles SV650 that's very clean..
http://bamarides.com/ride/swap-meet-motorcycles/immaculate-sv-650/

$14k for a new 600 OTD is insane. I paid about $10k for my CBR1000rr out the door in 2009. It listed for around $14k but no one pays list for any bike these days unless it's hard to get and none of the bikes you are considering are hard to get. They are just looking for suckers.

Take a look at Yamaha. The new FZ07 and FZ09 are very very nice. Most of my former sport bike riding friends have gravitated towards these bikes. With a few very basic mods (mainly suspension) they handle extremely well and are very fast, comfortable and even on the track can hold their own with a decent rider (and suspension mods).

Lastly if you want new- SHOP AROUND! There are some good dealerships in Georgia, but you need to expand your horizons. Max Motorsports in Birmingham will make it worth your while to give them a call. Blue Ridge Yamaha is a small shop but very big enthusiasts. if you want a Honda consider Southern Powersports in Chattanooga. I bought my CBR from them. But send an email or call the places with the specific bike you want and see what kind of deals you can get. I can tell you that you won't find deals at most of the local dealerships in the Atlanta area. But there's also a new player that bought a couple of dealerships (freedom powersports out of TX, I know they bought the dealer in Canton, worth giving them a shot they are probably looking for business).

anyway just a few things to consider...

Yea, new 600's are rip offs. You're better off to find one that's two or three years old with fairly low mileage, in good shape, and the original buyer ate the depreciation.

If i lived in Dahlonega it would be a KTM Supermoto hands down. Ever wondered why everyone who lives in the mountains has dual sports and supermotos and everyone who visits shows up with a supersport?

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Gixxer, then the CBR followed by the R6
You'll never want a less powerful bike so go with the gixxer. The CBR will have greater aftermarket support compared to the R6 only due to Honda's dominance in the market. The CBR is the AR15 of the bike world.....

Oh and 600's are for girls....... (and those who want to humiliate liter bikes every chance they get)

If i lived in Dahlonega it would be a KTM Supermoto hands down. Ever wondered why everyone who lives in the mountains has dual sports and supermotos and everyone who visits shows up with a supersport?

Sure, it's because usually people that live in the mountains require more ground clearance for their gravel driveways and crossing small creekbeds, and the lower rpm powerband for steep inclines. Dualsports and supermoto are a good compromise in the city as well.
On the highway? They're comfortable, but get spanked by the average supersport.
Harley owners like comfort and the brap brap noise, but they're slow as **** above 70mph (my wife destroys them in her Audi from highway speeds)
Supersport owners want maximum performance at the sacrifice of some comfort.
My RSV4-R is comfortable enough for the time I ride it, 30-90min.

Back
Top Bottom