• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Super sport gurus.

No2sc2 No2sc2 Much like an AR you can buy aftermarket controls that will tailor the bike a little bit to make it a little more comfortable. Clip on raisers bring the handlebars up some and rearsets can be lowered to stretch your legs out a couple inches and put your foot more forward. The R6 is a great bike but it really is geared more towards the track and canyon carving. I'm a little bias as I own a 600RR, my second one actually, but when I brought it I was leaning HEAVILY toward the Gixxer 750. Could deal with the added insurance cost for a 750-liter bike so when I had to get another bike I brought the 600RR again. Its plenty fast and I really like the styling.

Alright I am going to let you in on a secret but you cannot tell anyone. Yamaha FZ-07.

I like the super sport look. I did sit on the R6F. Which is very comfortable! Almost the sport look too.

No2sc2 No2sc2 Much like an AR you can buy aftermarket controls that will tailor the bike a little bit to make it a little more comfortable. Clip on raisers bring the handlebars up some and rearsets can be lowered to stretch your legs out a couple inches and put your foot more forward. The R6 is a great bike but it really is geared more towards the track and canyon carving. I'm a little bias as I own a 600RR, my second one actually, but when I brought it I was leaning HEAVILY toward the Gixxer 750. Could deal with the added insurance cost for a 750-liter bike so when I had to get another bike I brought the 600RR again. Its plenty fast and I really like the styling.

I'm fine with a 300 but I know I'll want bigger so I can go longer on highways but also financing is the issue. Suzuki is the only one that's giving me 0%. Everyone else wants 4% to 14%. Insurance isn't a problem for me. My State Farm Wanda $550 for 6 months on the gsxr600 which is good considering my history! Lol but mountain Motorsport wants $14,500 out the door for a gsxr600 2015. That's too much. I'm not paying close to $300 for the bike then $100 more for insurance.

Mountain motorsports 8s the most expensive dealer ive ever been too. Shop around, oots of better dealers out there. Especially with 0% financing with suzuki. Try max motorsports in phelam albama. Bit of a drive but youll save b8g bucks

Mountain motorsports 8s the most expensive dealer ive ever been too. Shop around, oots of better dealers out there. Especially with 0% financing with suzuki. Try max motorsports in phelam albama. Bit of a drive but youll save b8g bucks

Cycle Nation wouldn't touch the price Mountain gave me and Capitol City wouldn't respond to my emails.

Cycle Nation wouldn't touch the price Mountain gave me and Capitol City wouldn't respond to my emails.
Honestly ive never heard of those places. I bought ly last bike from max motorsports, then beasley in al, and before that a place in gwinett. Ive tried to buy from mountain motorsport but everytime they do out comes the price sheet with msrp, this fee, that fee, tax, and delivery. Last bike i bought was otd less than msrp.

Theres usually a better deal if your willing to look around.

Depends on what you want, and what year(s) you're looking at.

Reliability is gonna be the 600RR, hands down.

The R6 is a great bike if you plan to do lots of high rpm twisty riding or track riding. R6's suck on the low end of the RPM range, and are the slowest 0-60 (granted, 3.5 or whatever it is, is nothing to scoff at).

The 636cc ZX6R's (2003-2006, 2013+) have lot's of power for the engine size. The 599cc (read: 600) ZX6R's run more in line with 600RR or GSXR600's.

The GSXR750 is a good bike, with lots of torque and a decent amount of power. They'll smoke 600's all day long (stock for stock, or mod for mod). I think the K8 750 (2008) made 133 horse to the wheel when tested by bike magazines.

To give you an idea, most 600's make between 101-110 to the rear wheel (usually more in the 105-108 range). Now, the 636 Kawi's make a little more. They old ones are making around 114 to the rear wheel, the new ones are said to be making around the same, maybe 1 horse more or less.

So it depends on what you want. The big 4 are all pretty reliable. I'm biased toward the 636. A pretty lightly modded 636 can keep pace with a 750.

Happy searching.

Fun and comfortable. None of thoSe I will ever use its full power. I just like the way it looks. Will be using it for short Sunday rides and daily commute to work.
About the only thing that would make my commute more miserable would be if it was on a sport bike.
Good luck!

About the only thing that would make my commute more miserable would be if it was on a sport bike.
Good luck!

I disagree. My ZX6R rides fine on my 45 min commute each way. I can usually ride about 2 and a half hours before I need a break, and even then, 10 minutes and cigarette and I'm ready for 2 more hours of fun. My Sunday rides are usually at least 2 hours.

Disclaimer: I'm right at 6 feet tall with long monkey arms, so you ride comfort may vary.

Back
Top Bottom