• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sp5k PDW

Ravic

Army Icon
Bit odd innit
309   0
Reaction score
Picked up one today on an impulse buy. Went ahead and ordered an SB brace. Anyone else have one that has ideas on accessories and such that is a must?

IMG_3395.jpeg

Very nice find!

I had to go with the poor man's variant; an AP5. I'm running a reflex sight on mine. It sits low on the receiver for good sight picture. Also installed a hideous Magpul forend because I have gorrila arms and it has somewhat of a handstop.

Before the latest brace ruling, I was running it with a sling. Pushing forward on the sling for stability. I think the SAS developed that technique.

20231113_110217.jpg
20230212_163528.jpg

Not sure what the safety selector is like on the Sp5 but if it's anything like the ap5 go ahead and order the magpul selector. It's night and day difference and has ambi option. A must in my opinion.
An optic mount also. They all kinda suck though.

Not sure what the safety selector is like on the Sp5 but if it's anything like the ap5 go ahead and order the magpul sector. It's night and day difference and has ambi option. A must in my opinion.
An optic mount also. They all kinda suck though.
Aight I’ll check them out thank ye kindly

Very nice find!

I had to go with the poor man's variant; an AP5. I'm running a reflex sight on mine. It sits low on the receiver for good sight oi ture. Also installed a hideous Magpul forend because I have gorrila arms and it has somewhat of a handstop.

Before the latest brace ruling, I was running it with a sling. Pushing forward on the sling for stability. I think the SAS developed that technique.

View attachment 6593984View attachment 6593985
What’s the difference between the one I got and yours?

What’s the difference between the one I got and yours?
Yours is the real deal; made in Germany by HK. Mine is a licensed "clone" made on and with HK tooling in Turkey. Yours was at least $1000 more and most likely will appreciate in value. Mine might hold its value. The machining, welds, finish and reliability of yours are the best. Some will say mine; not so much. It's similar to the difference between a Russian Tula SKS and a Chinese factory /26\ SKS.

I just didn't have the cash for an HK. However, parts interchangeability between the HP5 and the AP5 should be seamless. I've got 600 flawless rounds thru mine and love it. Yours is a work of art. Enjoy it.

Yours is the real deal; made in Germany by HK. Mine is licensed "clone" made on and with HK tooling in Turkey. Yours was at least $1000 more and most likely will appreciate in value. Mine might hold its value. The machining, welds, finish and reliability of yours is the best. Some will say mine; not so much. It's similar to the difference between a Russian Tula SKS and a Chinese factory /26\ SKS.

I just didn't have the cash for an HK. However, parts interchangeability between the HP5 and the AP5 should be seamless. I've got 600 flawless rounds thriving mine and love it. Yours is a work of art. Enjoy it.
Gotcha, I was thinking an AP5 was just another model of the HK. Kinda like how there is the sp5, sp5k and then the sp5k pdw

Back
Top Bottom