• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 PDW Suggestion

Which one would you choose or suggest

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burdy Burdy is right about the usefulness of a bag gun in general. I don't carry it around in my daily life. I take it in the bag like that when I travel with the kids. Basically it lives in the car or cabin or hotel with me, and the bag is just a means of keeping it discreet and out of plain view while not looking like a weapon case. It's also in the passenger compartment when driving my my primary is on my belt.

Burdy Burdy is right about the usefulness of a bag gun in general. I don't carry it around in my daily life. I take it in the bag like that when I travel with the kids. Basically it lives in the car or cabin or hotel with me, and the bag is just a means of keeping it discreet and out of plain view while not looking like a weapon case. It's also in the passenger compartment when driving my my primary is on my belt.
Yup. So now the plan is just run the rifle I really like and am comfortable with, by letting it ride shotgun in the front seat and just using a simple blanket to cover it. I can always slide it in a discreet case from location to location.

Yup. So now the plan is just run the rifle I really like and am comfortable with, by letting it ride shotgun in the front seat and just using a simple blanket to cover it. I can always slide it in a discreet case from location to location.
This is why I want an MP7. Yes - I know, not mostest of practicality, but I want one.

Usefulness.

Most people that have used a pdw 5.56 move on to a better set up or caliber.

Fire off an 11" 5.56 with no suppression in a shoot house sometime.
You most likely won't have ear protection or suppressor in a real life non larping scenario.

Also the ballistics and functionality of the 5.56 ammo/gun take a HUGE hit below 11".

Q Honey Badger's best features are .300 BLK and the compact light weight of the system.
In 5.56 I don't like it so much.

The Sig Rattler is another option but I think the Virtus/Spear 5.56 with other barrel change options being a better choice if you can handle the chunkyness.

In a light weight small 11.5" 5.56 package:
Jakl
CZ Bren 2ms
Sig Virtus/Spear
AR-15 build or bought
(Tuned for suppression)
CMMG Dissent.

Now my personal preference..even though I do have some of the above firearms:
5.7 - light, handy decent performance with good ammo. CMMG or AR57 from Panzer Arms.

.300 BLK - way to many bonus's and options to list
Just do your homework.

7.62x39- AKs are to heavy,
build an AR or buy KS47.

9mm- potentially the shortest, lightest handiest.
Multiple mag choices and not limited to the AR platform.

Some of these are even more versatile with a suppressor involved.

Having used a 7" 5.56 I won't do so again if I have a choice.
Now for a pew pew blasting range gun it's fine...but I would grab another gun for hunting or social work.

Usefulness.

Most people that have used a pdw 5.56 move on to a better set up or caliber.

Fire off an 11" 5.56 with no suppression in a shoot house sometime.
You most likely won't have ear protection or suppressor in a real life non larping scenario.

Also the ballistics and functionality of the 5.56 ammo/gun take a HUGE hit below 11".

Q Honey Badger's best features are .300 BLK and the compact light weight of the system.
In 5.56 I don't like it so much.

The Sig Rattler is another option but I think the Virtus/Spear 5.56 with other barrel change options being a better choice if you can handle the chunkyness.

In a light weight small 11.5" 5.56 package:
Jakl
CZ Bren 2ms
Sig Virtus/Spear
AR-15 build or bought
(Tuned for suppression)
CMMG Dissent.

Now my personal preference..even though I do have some of the above firearms:
5.7 - light, handy decent performance with good ammo. CMMG or AR57 from Panzer Arms.

.300 BLK - way to many bonus's and options to list
Just do your homework.

7.62x39- AKs are to heavy,
build an AR or buy KS47.

9mm- potentially the shortest, lightest handiest.
Multiple mag choices and not limited to the AR platform.

Some of these are even more versatile with a suppressor involved.

Having used a 7" 5.56 I won't do so again if I have a choice.
Now for a pew pew blasting range gun it's fine...but I would grab another gun for hunting or social work.

Thanks for the breakdown man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom