• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 PDW Suggestion

Which one would you choose or suggest

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this math, and a number of builds, before I went with the MCX. I chose rattler in 300bo but would have no issues going with the 556 in like 11" barrel if I was less worried with concealing it.

beats Q for the following reasons:
Fires folded
actual government contracts
not made by Q

I had spent a decent amount of money trying to make regular ARs fold well, be short and run, etc. Tried all manners of folding and weird PCCS. It was cheaper in the long run to buy the sig, stamp it, can it, and be done.

Hell yeah! Thanks for the break down

OG post literally says "Functionality over ascetics!" or are you saying 5.56 would not make a good PDW performance wise?
5.56 is a less than ideal cartridge for a true PDW. 10.5 guns are great, but not what I’d consider a PDW.

One of the most knowledgeable members on the site asked why you would want to use a 5.56 gun over others in the role. Your response was also less than ideal, so I assumed functionality over aesthetics was out the window.

5.56 is a less than ideal cartridge for a true PDW. 10.5 guns are great, but not what I’d consider a PDW.

One of the most knowledgeable members on the site asked why you would want to use a 5.56 gun over others in the role. Your response was also less than ideal, so I assumed functionality over aesthetics was out the window.

I guess I should have clarified it would be around 10.5" not any shorter than that.

I took it more of a why do you need something vs helpful information? There was no explanation just a question of why? My bad Burdy Burdy if I took the text incorrectly. Would love your suggestion

I too am curious as to why a person would choose a PDW in 5.56 if they already have one in .300 BO.

Not as a dig, but in the interest of gaining a different perspective. I don't know what I don't know.

I too am curious as to why a person would choose a PDW in 5.56 if they already have one in .300 BO.

Not as a dig, but in the interest of gaining a different perspective. I don't know what I don't know.

I don't have anything midget size in 5.56......I would like something midget size in 5.56

It is now looking like a 5.56 midget size is not a good option :noidea: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom