• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

As much as I like my Jackery, I don't think it's made in the USA.

You are right. I was duped. They sure make it seem like it is made in America. The headquarters in Cali.

On the bottom in ultra micro print away from all the other info which is in much larger print it has it: Made in China.

I needed a magnifying glass to read it.

They have Li ion and LiFePO4. I use the LiFePO4. Use have to be careful when making up battery packs because of the high discharge rate if you accidentally short one out. I have found this out the hard way--no damage except a burned hand and crap in my pants. You can make high capacity batteries at a fraction of the cost of a factory made one.

They have Li ion and LiFePO4. I use the LiFePO4. Use have to be careful when making up battery packs because of the high discharge rate if you accidentally short one out. I have found this out the hard way--no damage except a burned hand and crap in my pants. You can make high capacity batteries at a fraction of the cost of a factory made one.

Do you include a battery management system (BMS)? Do you match cells?

Do you include a battery management system (BMS)? Do you match cells?
I try to match the cells and I have a BMS system on my latest battery. We have a couple of members in our ham radio club that have designed medical equipment and have a lot of experience with Li ion and LiFePO4 batteries. I have asked them to do a program on batteries at one of our meetings.

I try to match the cells and I have a BMS system on my latest battery. We have a couple of members in our ham radio club that have designed medical equipment and have a lot of experience with Li ion and LiFePO4 batteries. I have asked them to do a program on batteries at one of our meetings.

I would love to be able to get in on that meeting.

Many years ago I worked at a Motorola FSC as a 2-way radio technician. Lately I have entertained the idea of getting a ham license. Is there a study guide and material for the license that you would recommend?

There are some YouTube videos of people making LiFePO4 batteries from individual cells. Search YouTube for - DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse
He has a YouTube channel and does a lot of solar system testing. He tests different batteries and has a video making a battery.

Back
Top Bottom