• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So will it be manslaughter for Alec Baldwin?

Serious question.....did he fire once and hit both people or did he manage to squeeze off a couple rounds? I haven't seen anything regarding this on the news.
Pure speculation, but my guess is one round. Blanks offer very little in the way of recoil, so when he touched off the live round, the resulting recoil, damage, and sheer surprise and terror would have negated a second round going off.

Pure speculation, but my guess is one round. Blanks offer very little in the way of recoil, so when he touched off the live round, the resulting recoil, damage, and sheer surprise and terror would have negated a second round going off.

And, if the cartridge being fired was a 45 Colt --a real round nosed all metal bullet made for actual use in the field & the range-- I can easily see how a bullet like that would completely penetrate a petite women's torso and exit her with enough energy to wound another person behind her. We're talking 250 grains of metal moving at 750 feet per second. That equals 300 foot-pounds of kinetic energy.

And, if the cartridge being fired was a 45 Colt --a real round nosed all metal bullet made for actual use in the field & the range-- I can easily see how a bullet like that would completely penetrate a petite women's torso and exit her with enough energy to wound another person behind her. We're talking 250 grains of metal moving at 750 feet per second. That equals 300 foot-pounds of kinetic energy.
750fps for a .45LC would be a seriously anemic load. Even the cowboy action stuff is pushing 1,000. Even still, yeah. Had it been a modern movie with a semiauto pistol in 9mm, she might still be alive.

750fps for a .45LC would be a seriously anemic load. Even the cowboy action stuff is pushing 1,000. Even still, yeah. Had it been a modern movie with a semiauto pistol in 9mm, she might still be alive.

Fake news!

Is Winchester wrong? Lying?

640109FC-8F3B-4E82-8B06-D832DEDDC300.jpeg

Specifications​

• Specifications​

• Velocity: 750 fps at muzzle, 720 fps at 50 yds
    • Energy: 312 ft./lbs at muzzle, 288 ft./lbs at 50 yds
    • Bullet Type: Lead Flat Nose
    • Quantity: 50
    • Weight: 250 Grain

Fake news!

View attachment 3622569

Specifications​

• Specifications​

Well, I stand corrected. I guess I should have said that when I load cowboy action, they are pushing around 1,000. I can't remember the last time I bought ammo.

If that gun had been loaded with your hand loads, Baldwin would've killed both the Camera Director and the show's Director, and a grip in the background, then it would have gone through the wall of the building and come out and killed an extra who was standing in line at the refreshment stand. The bullet would then lodge itself in a rare endangered species cactus plant, which would trigger a parallel investigation by the DNR and EPA.

Fake news!

View attachment 3622569

Specifications​

• Specifications​

That price, though..

Single action revolver. No instinct to pull hammer back for second go at it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom