• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So will it be manslaughter for Alec Baldwin?

Not the first "accidental discharge" on this set:
"Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set on Saturday said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges.
Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times."

Serious note:

I just heard on the FM radio news out of Atlanta that the props person handed Baldwin the gun just before he fired it and announced to him and everybody in the room that this was "a cold gun."

The news report said the accepted definition of "cold gun" means it has no ammunition in it --not even blanks.

Serious note:

I just heard on the FM radio news out of Atlanta that the props person handed Baldwin the gun just before he fired it and announced to him and everybody in the room that this was "a cold gun."

The news report said the accepted definition of "cold gun" means it has no ammunition in it --not even blanks.
It was not a props person, it was the second assistant director, IIRC.
Props person set out 3 revolvers on the table, he grabbed one of them, did not check it, handed to the actor.

Serious note:

an assistant director.

It was not a props person, it was the second assistant director, IIRC.
Props person set out 3 revolvers on the table, he grabbed one of them, did not check it, handed to the actor.

Yep.
From FOX News online:

" ...three people were handling the gun for the scene.

Armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reedreportedly handled prop guns left on a cart outside the structure they were shooting in due to coronavirus restrictions.

Assistant director Dave Halls handed one of those guns to Baldwin. According to a Santa Fe court, Halls announced that it was a "cold gun" before giving it to the actor, lingo meaning that the firearm was unloaded.

As a result, Baldwin and the two people who were wounded believed the firearm was safe to use in the staging of the scene."

Yep.
From FOX News online:

" ...three people were handling the gun for the scene.

Armorer Hanna Gutierrez Reedreportedly handled prop guns left on a cart outside the structure they were shooting in due to coronavirus restrictions.

Assistant director Dave Halls handed one of those guns to Baldwin. According to a Santa Fe court, Halls announced that it was a "cold gun" before giving it to the actor, lingo meaning that the firearm was unloaded.

As a result, Baldwin and the two people who were wounded believed the firearm was safe to use in the staging of the scene."
Regardless of whether she touched them or not, the assistant director taking upon himself to declare "cold" was his decision, based on supposition or direct hearsay from the "armorer" or a belief that she did her job was what happened (as reports go.) Stepping into an automobile with a valid tag, inspection sticker, etc. doesn't make it 'safe' to drive.

The transfer of blame game is a matter for the courts and/or jury, I guess...

Channel 46 noon news reported it as a "prop" gun.....well we all know that ain't right. It was a real gun with real bullets and real death.

Serious question.....did he fire once and hit both people or did he manage to squeeze off a couple rounds? I haven't seen anything regarding this on the news.

Back
Top Bottom