• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smoking fish

Can you smoke around 200F? That is really a great option for fish. The reason you do this at a low temp is because fish cooks very fast and if you apply intense heat with the smoke the fish will be fully cooked before the smoke flavor takes hold.

I recommend you cure the fish prior to smoking. A mixture of 50/50 sugar salt will do but you can add peppercorns etc. this will remove the water content from the fish and allow for a better texture in the finished product.

Smoked salmon is what i,want to build up to. I just dont like wasting fish so i am trying to learn. Smoked salmon is my favorite

The salmon was so simple I didn't think it would work. I looked up the recipe online. If I can find it I'll link to it. The "brine" was the big thing, cover it in salt and brown sugar to draw out the moisture and then smoke it low and slow. It was great.

Can you smoke around 200F? That is really a great option for fish. The reason you do this at a low temp is because fish cooks very fast and if you apply intense heat with the smoke the fish will be fully cooked before the smoke flavor takes hold.

I recommend you cure the fish prior to smoking. A mixture of 50/50 sugar salt will do but you can add peppercorns etc. this will remove the water content from the fish and allow for a better texture in the finished product.
I can smoke 100 to 400. I am just trying to find somewhere to start. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom