• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Smoking a Brisket

This is my first on this smoker....I'm hoping it turns out good.

You got this man, It's going to be great. Just don't invite company over for the first time like I did when I first started smoking ribs. First time I tried it I put about 7 hours of heavy smoke on a few racks of spare ribs and invited people over for dinner. They were creoted like crazy and tough as hell. I have since gotten much better, but that was embarrassing.

Last edited:
Lol...never! Im about 3 hrs in and it's cruzing at about 205. I'll let you know hot it turns out
I have to admit, I just got a smoker and have only run a few things through it. I did a butt and a shoulder and I thought for SURE I had ruined them both times, by letting the heat run too much and cooking them too fast. I don't know how or why but neither one could have been more juicey. Put the shoulder in last week before church and just turned it on and left. It ran close to 300 for hours before I saw it. I figured, great, that's a charcoal brick. It was aboslutely PERFECT. No idea, dumb luck or whatever but I'm not complaining.

You got this man, It's going to be great. Just don't invite company over for the first time like I did when I first started smoking ribs. First time I tried it I put about 7 hours of heavy smoke on a few racks of spare ribs and invited people over for dinner. They were creoted like crazy and tough as hell.
Hahahahaha....man that sounds so familiar. I think we have all done that talent once. I've got it down mostly, now that I have figured out my hot spot and temp control, keeping it between 180-205 is getting easier. Now, my buddy has a BGE and it is much, much easier with a quality piece of equipment. Now just convincing my wife that it's worth $800....eeeehhhhh, I'll save that excuse for new rifles

Back
Top Bottom