• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sleep Apnia/ Snoring recommendations

I have Sleep Apena, the VA gave me a machine in 2007, I can't use it feels like a gas mask , it seems that the VA will be going another way with me in the future.
there are lot of different styles and sizes in mask now days. You might want to re investigate the mask option. It took me about 2 years to find the right fit and mask.

This is all new to me. Unfortunately it sounds like something that I am going to have to investigate and probably end up with. I have had a few problems sleeping here and there over the years but after these seizures and the docs looking at it , I have come to the realization that I am way way off course for normal restorative sleep !
I am guessing that the doctors office is where I am going to have to start for the sleep stuff ?? The CPAP and all ??
Thanks to all who have given info here.

This is all new to me. Unfortunately it sounds like something that I am going to have to investigate and probably end up with. I have had a few problems sleeping here and there over the years but after these seizures and the docs looking at it , I have come to the realization that I am way way off course for normal restorative sleep !
I am guessing that the doctors office is where I am going to have to start for the sleep stuff ?? The CPAP and all ??
Thanks to all who have given info here.

Hope you find the the cause sooner than later,
Keep looking for it

I have Sleep Apena, the VA gave me a machine in 2007, I can't use it feels like a gas mask , it seems that the VA will be going another way with me in the future.
You have been due for several updated machines and a new kind of mask...I have had to be on a C-Pap for 23 years..May sat went down to 54 and have to use a full face with 02 push..My mask full face has left permanent depressions on my skull..Now it seems after a hair cut I am going bald on the tracks..It sucks but the alternative is worse..Get an updated machine and mask from your primary clinic..Good luck

FB_IMG_1654453935362.jpg

Did the sleep study, got a machine, tried it, HATED IT. I got fitted for 4 different masks before I gave up. Plus with the distilled water…and cleaning it….

It’s still in the carrying case at the bottom of my closet. worst $1200 I ever spent.

Edit: I hope it works for you if you need it. Most Swear by it. I just know I slept way worse because I don’t like anything on my face. That’s just me.
Ditto this ^^^^^^

Sort of on topic. one of the really stupid rules that artificially inflates the price of CPAP machines is that you need a prescription to buy one. You have to buy it from a licensed "prescriber".

If you have a used one for whatever reason, it's illegal to sell it. You can give it away.

But you can't donate it to Goodwill, Red Cross, whoever, because they can't sell it.

Totally stupid rule, but it's one of those where the med companies donate lots of money to both parties, so no one is interested in reining in the costs.

Same thing applies to the test strips for my blood thinner, Need a prescription for the machine, AND to buy the overpriced test strips.

Back
Top Bottom