• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sinking big money into a Glock? Why would you?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I am not a Glock fan and just don't understand why anyone would sink $2000 into a $500 gun. I just spotted the most expensive Glock 17 I have ever seen on a website that shall not be named but starts with the letter A. At $2550 this was a price drop.

To each his own.... Plenty of guys put $1,000-$2,000 into a $700 1911, or that much into a $800 Colt AR, or some buy $2,000 LWRC's or POF's that don't do anything better than a $800 Colt AR. Hey we all have our wants. It doesn't bother me at all when someone wants to spend that much to customize a gun to their liking, just don't try and sell it for "what you have into it." If you spend that much to customize a gun, you better either keep it for life or expect to sell it a huge loss.

I owned a few guns that I had modified to my liking. I don't think that is unusual in the gun world. The cost of doing it meant I had more in the gun than it's worth. When I sold one or two of them I took a loss, selling the gun at fair market value.

I do chuckle when I see extensively modified guns for sale here at very high prices over a base model. I understand the modifications, all the bells and whistles cost x amount. But, adding the x amount on the original cost of the gun.......expecting to get your money out of a project that likely has dollar for dollar value only to you....Well, I don't get that. As always, YMMV.

Sometimes it's fun playing with your toys. Trying something new. Selling them dollar for dollar plus "gunsmith time" is a whole nother issue.

if you want someting for like open competition or anythign like that i can understand. The biggest ones i can never understand and laugh my ass off at are the people that mod the hell outta their glock and put a total of 50-100 rounds through it and then decide they want to sell it for just as much as they have in it. If i make a gun just the way i like it im gonna shoot the **** out of it.

and lots of other folks dont get cars are just like guns. you cna drop as much money on accessories and mods as you want but only ever expect to get 50% value outta them

As for glocks i prefer stock for the most part. Some ns and traction grips. Maybe some light milling or such. I see some of the custom to the nines and laugh. A glock is a wonderful gun IMHO but should not have a comma in the price. But hey your gun do as you wish.

Back
Top Bottom