• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF gun

which of the 2 would you choose?

• N PAP

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • M92 PAP with brace

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters
Npap. It's a rifle, not a gun with a plastic bit on the end that might brake or otherwise fail.

I never understood the whole "everyone will have 5.56" argument. Are you planning on killing everyone to get it? You think cops are going to give it away? Just seems silly to bank on that.

As far as spare parts, I like guns that won't break in the first place. You can get spare AK parts dirt cheap, hell you could buy 2 WASRs and be good to go for quite some time.

This, of course, is dependent upon you surviving the initial melee.

Ya but I can carry so much more 5.56!! I'm a small dude and I have an in at the police precincts! Lol

I have seen some incredibly ratty aks in the Middle East that looked like that sat on the bottom of the ocean floor for 20 years and they seemed to work just fine.

With all considered I'd still depend on my Daniel defense mk18 with any scenario

Ya but I can carry so much more 5.56!! I'm a small dude and I have an in at the police precincts! Lol

I have seen some incredibly ratty aks in the Middle East that looked like that sat on the bottom of the ocean floor for 20 years and they seemed to work just fine.

With all considered I'd still depend on my Daniel defense mk18 with any scenario

If you're a cop that's one thing...if you're a civilian that is friends with a cop and thinks you have an "in" you'd likely be surprised how quickly your cop friend forgets you.

I'm going with 5.45. All the benefits of the AK rifle and the 5.56 but in a cartridge that is still cheaper than anything else and is,in my opinion, better than 5.56 for its intended use (for the sole reason that it is not dependent on velocity for it to work).

Yes, it isn't being imported anymore, but I think my stash will last me past the first melee. If I make it through still in one piece I could find another rifle if I deplete my ammo. At that point the need for a rifle would likely be far less anyway.

Npap. It's a rifle, not a gun with a plastic bit on the end that might brake or otherwise fail.

I never understood the whole "everyone will have 5.56" argument. Are you planning on killing everyone to get it? You think cops are going to give it away? Just seems silly to bank on that.

As far as spare parts, I like guns that won't break in the first place. You can get spare AK parts dirt cheap, hell you could buy 2 WASRs and be good to go for quite some time.

This, of course, is dependent upon you surviving the initial melee.

Truth. If we are supplying ourselves with ammunition taken from the enemy, we will most likely be supplying ourselves with their arms as well.

And yes, I have two WASR's as well.

If you're a cop that's one thing...if you're a civilian that is friends with a cop and thinks you have an "in" you'd likely be surprised how quickly your cop friend forgets you.

I'm going with 5.45. All the benefits of the AK rifle and the 5.56 but in a cartridge that is still cheaper than anything else and is,in my opinion, better than 5.56 for its intended use (for the sole reason that it is not dependent on velocity for it to work).

Yes, it isn't being imported anymore, but I think my stash will last me past the first melee. If I make it through still in one piece I could find another rifle if I deplete my ammo. At that point the need for a rifle would likely be far less anyway.

I really despise the powers that be who put a halt on the import of 5.45...That's the only reason I don't own one or two myself. It's a fantastic round.

Back
Top Bottom