• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on .300 BO / What to do with this upper?

10.5 .300 is exactly what I’m rocking , and like my lady said ITS JUST RIGHT! Suppressed or not it’s a fun little round . You can still use the same mags as 5.56 for supersJust make sure to never mix up the rounds lol . Goodluck and have fun , the key is buying a box or two every week .

I'd keep that 300 blackout upper and plan on doing an SBR (or may be if ATF's new rules on arm stabilization braces gets voided, you do a *wink nudge*
"braced pistol" build which is really an SBR for all purposes except what you call it.)

You say you have no interest in getting a can?
That's a shame because suppressors are a really useful thing that make recreational shooting more fun,

and in a home defense scenario I think it's quite practical not make yourself DEAF during an emergency encounter with bad guys (first) and then responding police officers. These days your failure to hear a cop's verbal commands and immediately comply can get you shot.

PS: a suppressor will do a lot of good even if you use supersonic ammo! It may not be "movie quiet", maybe not even hearing safe, but it's a heck of an improvement over unsuppressed shooting in SBR.

At last, something i can agree with Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert about!

If someone told me I could only own 300BLK firearms OR 5.56 firearms, I'd pick 300BLK. Every day of the week. And you know something? I did.
I'm not there yet because of she shear number of 556 rifles and rounds out there.

But a rattler in 300 with a can is my do-almost-everything rifle right now. Good for in the house, through anything I can actually see in the neighborhood, and it fits in a legit tiny bag so it's very easy to travel with.

I still have 14.5, 16, 18" 556 rifles but really they are for end of the world larping and cheaper practice with 22 conversion kits.

I'm not there yet because of she shear number of 556 rifles and rounds out there.

But a rattler in 300 with a can is my do-almost-everything rifle right now. Good for in the house, through anything I can actually see in the neighborhood, and it fits in a legit tiny bag so it's very easy to travel with.

I still have 14.5, 16, 18" 556 rifles but really they are for end of the world larping and cheaper practice with 22 conversion kits.

I escaped from Connecticut a few years back, and the hurdles up there to owning an AR-pattern rifle after Sandy Hook were such a pain, I never got around to getting a Stoner-anything.

Back
Top Bottom