• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

Thanks! Doing the 5K, so doubt I'll carry water.
Heh. You will want water. It's hot. You will be running with 20+ lbs of gear, there is a ridiculous hill at riverbend. You may be doing pushups and burpees etc. Not having water would be a mistake.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I’m pouring over write ups and after action reports from other events. Any info specific to this event a newb should know?
Riverbend was my first run and gun two years ago. Here is my blog on it. https://www.twobluescrews.com/blog/my-very-first-run-and-gun
There have been tweaks here and there that you can read about in my other entries but the basic premise remains the same. More Taliban, less Navy Seal is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I may! Ive got a note out to Bruce to see if he needs help running the course or being a safety, etc.

I did 8 years in the Army from 08 to 16 so I do kinda miss getting all roughed up, but now that im running my own plate carrier and ceramics i dont want to risk damaging them "for fun" and getting my plates all muddy, etc. Will more than likely see about piecing together a Tac Games kit with some training plates instead. If I can find those, I more than likely will go for the 5K.
Pick up some steel plates to run with if you want, but if you never train with your gear, how will you know it works?

Another reason to carry water are wait times. Occasionally, some stages get backed up so you might end up baking in the sun. You don't need a camelback, just enough to wet your whistle. I carry a little 500ml bottle.

I'm so excited everyone got in and Bruce is willing to do this.

Like Ponyboy96, I'm in the 10k and ROing. I'm looking forward to the 600 yard stage and experiencing something different than belly shooting (service rifle) at that distance .

Signed up. Possibly the dumbest thing I've done in a while.
.... this is just the start of the dumb things you will do. :)

Back
Top Bottom