• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Riverbend Gun Club RNG - May 29 - Canton GA

Riverbend was my first run and gun two years ago. Here is my blog on it. https://www.twobluescrews.com/blog/my-very-first-run-and-gun
There have been tweaks here and there that you can read about in my other entries but the basic premise remains the same. More Taliban, less Navy Seal is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

http://practicalsharpshooter.com/rng/run-n-gun-match-reports/
My guiding thoughts for anyone getting going..
Run if you can, walk if you can't. Don't pull the trigger unless you know you can hit the target. Have fun with it.
It’s a small world - I’ve read both of your pages - excellent write ups. I’m definitely holding back on any excessive gear purchases - just want to be prepared to finish.
My biggest weakness will be the longer shots- I rarely shoot over 100yards and never have longer than 300. Going to try and go to the CMP range or find some land to get a feel for 600 yards.

It’s a small world - I’ve read both of your pages - excellent write ups. I’m definitely holding back on any excessive gear purchases - just want to be prepared to finish.
My biggest weakness will be the longer shots- I rarely shoot over 100yards and never have longer than 300. Going to try and go to the CMP range or find some land to get a feel for 600 yards.

It'll most likely be one stage with a target beyond 100-150ish yards. Even if you DNF, you can still finish decent if that's your goal.

Best things to do are focus on your cardio, weapons manipulations (safely) and overall proficiency hitting targets under a time pressure. If you can't clear a plate rack without reloading, keep rounds in an A/C zone of a paper or clear weapons malfunctions expediently there's no need to sweat the 600yd target.

1 target at 600 yards is not an insurmountable task. If you can get the drop data, cool. If not in years past it's on a hillside where you can see your splash...worst case scenario you walk it in.

It'll most likely be one stage with a target beyond 100-150ish yards. Even if you DNF, you can still finish decent if that's your goal.

Best things to do are focus on your cardio, weapons manipulations (safely) and overall proficiency hitting targets under a time pressure. If you can't clear a plate rack without reloading, keep rounds in an A/C zone of a paper or clear weapons malfunctions expediently there's no need to sweat the 600yd target.

1 target at 600 yards is not an insurmountable task. If you can get the drop data, cool. If not in years past it's on a hillside where you can see your splash...worst case scenario you walk it in.

Fwiw i run this with an scoped sks and can get on the 600 target. The rifle shoots like 2.5 MOA so if you bring an AR you'll be fine

Riverbend was my first run and gun two years ago. Here is my blog on it. https://www.twobluescrews.com/blog/my-very-first-run-and-gun
There have been tweaks here and there that you can read about in my other entries but the basic premise remains the same. More Taliban, less Navy Seal is the way.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Didn't think about having to wait and the possibility of doing burpees, etc. Many moons ago I was a "serious" runner, so tons of 5K's under my belt, Spartan trifecta, etc. Seeing all the ways this is a very different animal.

Didn't think about having to wait and the possibility of doing burpees, etc. Many moons ago I was a "serious" runner, so tons of 5K's under my belt, Spartan trifecta, etc. Seeing all the ways this is a very different animal.
The biggest difference is carrying the 20-30lbs of gear that kicks your butt. The shooting part isn’t necessarily difficult until you have a 180-200 heart rate and are not thinking clearly as a result. Heck I’ve done a bunch of these. Only had 1 match I shot cleanly. Most folks will not be able to shoot it without a Dnf on at least 1 stage if not multiple stages.

The winner is rarely the fastest guy on the run, it’s the person that shoots the best and has a decent run time.

Back
Top Bottom