• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Review: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory Target Gun

I haven't had a chance to sit down and install it yet. Should be able to over the weekend though... better use of my time than watching Lady Gaga at halftime. Then should be able to get back out and try it Monday if all goes well.

I'll give you a little motivation. At the range with ours.

WP_20170205_001.jpg

Dual Wielding... Nice!

I actually did get mine in yesterday but won;t get to the range until Monday or so.

How's it work for the Buckmark?

Got out to the range yesterday and that trigger is amazing. I think the only thing keeping me from single-ragged-hole groups now is my 50 year old eyes and the iron sights.

Which brings me to this...

Thanks for the range report. Great information for sure. I'd like to know what actual ammo you tried in each, if you can remember.

I splurged for the C-MORE RTS2R sight and I'm so glad I did. If I could afford it, I'd put that sight on EVERY one of my .22 competition guns. It's just amazing.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet on this. One question though... which dot size would you recommend? Looks like there's 8 MOA, 6 and 3. I'm probably never going to shoot this more than 50 yards, and most likely 15-20 since I mainly shoot indoors.

I'm thinking the 6 might be the best choice here, but would love some input before dropping almost as much on the sight as the gun cost originally.

The 6 would, at first thought, be the best choice. But if you consider the size of your target you might want to go smaller. I have the smallest one mainly because I shoot steel plates and bowling pins and the larger dot obscures too much of the target for me.

The C-More dot is very very crisp and doesn't distort when you increase the intensity. I often shoot 2" round plates at 15 and 25 yards and for me the smaller dot is perfect.

Maybe compromise with the middle sized dot if you're worried about not being able to see it. Oh, and call C-More customer service and ask their advice. They are super helpful with any questions you may have, and they all speak perfect American English! Imagine that!

I'm coming down for a meet and greet on the 18th and will have that gun with me if you'd like to try it out.

The 6 would, at first thought, be the best choice. But if you consider the size of your target you might want to go smaller. I have the smallest one mainly because I shoot steel plates and bowling pins and the larger dot obscures too much of the target for me.

The C-More dot is very very crisp and doesn't distort when you increase the intensity. I often shoot 2" round plates at 15 and 25 yards and for me the smaller dot is perfect.

Maybe compromise with the middle sized dot if you're worried about not being able to see it. Oh, and call C-More customer service and ask their advice. They are super helpful with any questions you may have, and they all speak perfect American English! Imagine that!

I'm coming down for a meet and greet on the 18th and will have that gun with me if you'd like to try it out.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the 3 is a reasonable size then. Speed of acquisition isn't a key thing for me on this, but I didn't want some tiny pinpoint that I'd always be hunting for either.

So... took it to the range today with 5 other folks from the office that shoot. The Victory with the new trigger was probably the favorite of everyone there. I had my suppressor on it, so there was definitely a 'cool factor', but everyone was stunned by how accurate it was with the trigger and the VQ barrel.

A guy I work with is a sponsored bow shooter and guide. He's so good with a gun that he's moved off to bows just so there's a challenge to it. He probably put 100 rounds through that gun just because he could punch everything through a single hole. I'll bet he has one in a month's... or maybe a week.

Next up... C More red dot.

I was actually looking at the older model... specifically this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D4LJ73...2PWBT0WJEY58D&coliid=I11LO61GOOHPM&th=1&psc=1

Any feedback on those?

Back
Top Bottom