• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Review: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory Target Gun

Pretty sure it doesn't. Have to check though.

Mine does. I've been looking through the Rimfire and S&W forums and apparently that is S&W's fix for the screws backing out. I've also read that Vibra-tite is recommended if the red nylok patch isn't on your takedown screw. I'll probably be going to the range next week to run a few hundred rounds through mine. I'll let ya know what happens. Volquartsen also makes an extractor that is supposed to help if you experience any extraction issues. As far as I can tell the only real issue was the takedown screw backing out on guns made in 2016. Can't really find much else.

Never had an extraction problem, and I keep a selection of hex wrenches in the range bag anyway, not for this bit because it seems like you always need them.

I'll call them up and see if they'll send me an updated screw. My guess is that won't be a problem.

Never had an extraction problem, and I keep a selection of hex wrenches in the range bag anyway, not for this bit because it seems like you always need them.

I'll call them up and see if they'll send me an updated screw. My guess is that won't be a problem.

Shouldn't be. Seems like everyone that called S&W got a new screw.

I got a new screw and Allen wrench from S&W but it didn't have any red thread lock on it. I've got probably 20-30,000 rounds through mine and have never had it loosen on its own.

Still shoots like a dream, especially with all the add-ons!

I got a new screw and Allen wrench from S&W but it didn't have any red thread lock on it. I've got probably 20-30,000 rounds through mine and have never had it loosen on its own.

Still shoots like a dream, especially with all the add-ons!

What add ons?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That being said, you're used to using a breaker bar on your gun.... I just keep it hand-tight, the way mine showed up from the factory.

:boink:
Mine was tight but nothing ridiculous. I was able to use the supplied Allen head to field strip to clean.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom