• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Review: Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory Target Gun

image.jpeg

Right on. I'll probably get the carbon barrel from Volquartsen down the road. I just applied some Talon Grips to mine last night. Grip feels WAY better. I need to pick up about 3-5 more mags too.

083cb84a7d5e7eb1c85157e6628d9973.jpg

As I've said a couple times on here, the Tandemkross trigger is an amazing upgrade. I wish they made them for every pistol I have....

I got the Victory out to the range and it's a CHAMP. Only 2 ammo related malfunctions. Mine cycles subsonics reliably too. The trigger is really good and it stayed tight after around 300 rounds so no worries there. Very pleased so far! The action doesn't get really dirty which is also a plus. I shot Agula Supers, CCI standards, M22s, Eley Subsonics. Only 2 malfunctions happened with the M22s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's an amazing pistol.

I can usually get mine to shoot CCI Quiets if it's clean. It doesn't seem to like the Aguila 60ge 'sniper' round though, and from what GemTech says they don't always stabilize in a pistol barrel very well, so I wouldn't use them with my 22 can attached anyway.

I haven't plunked down the cash for a C-More red dot (yet), but I'm running the Vortex Viper on it now and aside from being a little too wide, it's working out pretty well.

Just to report my first comprehensive tear-down and inspection / cleaning of my SW22 that I bought over a year ago. I've shot it a LOT over the past 14 months and probably have 10 - 15,000 rounds through it.

What an amazing piece of equipment. Aside from having some blackening of the internals, the gun cleaned up to almost "as new" condition with a toothbrush and some solvent applied in all the right places. The bolt and extractor cleaned up great, and I don't see any wear on the bolt buffer or slide components.

The ONLY issue I'm seeing at this point in the life of this gun is the slide/bolt stop spring. It seems to be getting weak and won't hold the bolt open after every magazine because it kind of works its way out of position under the grip panel. Not a big deal and obviously an easy fix.

I'm still sold on this pistol and it's my go-to competition gun when optics are involved. I'm happy with all the extras I've put on it, too! I'm not sure what I could do to make this pistol any better. I do want to change out the factory rail at some point and put on an aluminum rail, but the gun is so spot-on accurate right now I hade to mess with anything.

Good shooting, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom