Residential Internet Service (suggestions?)

Three floors, including basement. I guess I’ll need a couple of them.
I’m running one extender and it seems to be sufficient. I guess I could probably use one more but it’s seemed to work out for the past year.

The main router is located in the basement and the extender is hard-wired in a room upstairs (two floors from the basement).

If you’re having it installed on the main floor, I would let them do the coverage test after the install, you may not need an extender.

EPB is great!! Local support, Gig speeds. Available only in small portions of GA.

Charter is wanting to put in caps, like comcast. They could not after the merger, but now their trying to get by that since its been 7 years. Charter upload is the issue 5mb up is terrible in 2020.

I’m running one extender and it seems to be sufficient. I guess I could probably use one more but it’s seemed to work out for the past year.

The main router is located in the basement and the extender is hard-wired in a room upstairs (two floors from the basement).

If you’re having it installed on the main floor, I would let them do the coverage test after the install, you may not need an extender.
Installation was very quick. In fact the house already had the box for the fiber optic in the basement, so it was just a matter of plugging the receiver in.
The signal is strong in every room on every floor, but I asked the tech to add a booster near the door that leads to the deck, in order to have a reliable signal when I am outside. A $50 upgrade but it allows me to receive phone calls when I am in the backyard as well (cellphone signal is terrible, I have to rely on WiFi calling).
So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom