• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Reasons why you should not buy Spikes Tactical

While personally I wouldn't rate PSA rifles as high as Spike's, I don't buy from Spike for others reason, mostly business practice related.

Psa stuff is mainly fn production and the qc is heads and shoulders better and above spikes.
That's based on my professional opinion as a marine corps and le armorer for the past 24 years of putting ars together of every make and brand.

I'll. Give you a real reason not to buy spikes. Back in 2008 I ordered a custom piston build from them at a very high price. I told them I was deploying so don't let it take 3 months to build, which they agreed to. Well moving forward, they mail'd. The lower seperate and said they would send the upper to my dads house while I was deployed. No biggie. Well when I get home I notice that they didn't turn the barrel to lightweight. Like I paid for. Well they give me a line about it and I say ok. Another part that of the build was to have the barrel cut to 14.5 and have a Smith vortex installed. Well after shooting it, I realized they never pinned the dang flashider. Well I called them and toldvthem they sent me a nfa.weapon illegally, to which they said they mailed the lower seperate frombthe upper. Well I told them I bought a complete gun from them they need to fix it. Then they agreed. But told me to pay shipping. Nope. Well got it fixed. But that's some poor buisness right there. Won't buy from them again

Dammit Spike's... You could have not handled that in a worse way. My favorite carbine has spider logos all over it, but I won't be buying any more. And I may order a pair of other lowers to replace the ones I have now.

I remembered the election price hike and still bought from them. But this was the last straw.

Back
Top Bottom