• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

Epson salt helps with blossom rot. One additional thing I've discovered. A catnip plant seems to help in keeping down the mosquitoes. Strangely enough, Catnip is better than Citronella as it has a higher Deet factor.

I apply at transplant By dusting . DE is almost pure calcium. Calcium deficiency being the cause of blossom end rot the DE is absorbed Both through the foliage and through the roots as it washes into the soil solving the nutrient deficiency.
For blossom end rot, how and where to apply it?

I apply at transplant By dusting . DE is almost pure calcium. Calcium deficiency being the cause of blossom end rot the DE is absorbed Both through the foliage and through the roots as it washes into the soil solving the nutrient deficiency.
Thank you, usually for my calcium deficiencies, I have lots of egg shells and crumble them up, put them in a blender and sprinkle in holes when planting. It works pretty well as a powder.

I read if you put a Tums tablet in the hole before you plant your tomatoes you won't have any problems with Blossom End Rot. Haven't tried it yet as my plants are already in the ground. Gonna try it with my late tomatoes. Usually, about 1 Tbs per plant of Epsom's Salt works if they start showing BER.

I read if you put a Tums tablet in the hole before you plant your tomatoes you won't have any problems with Blossom End Rot. Haven't tried it yet as my plants are already in the ground. Gonna try it with my late tomatoes. Usually, about 1 Tbs per plant of Epsom's Salt works if they start showing BER.
Correct, Tums are calcium carbonate

I have mine in wicking tubs. Think I could drop a few Tums down the fill tube and do any good?
Crush it up before dumping it down the pipe, then add your water; should work. I've been researching the wicking tubs and have been considering converting from raised beds.

Back
Top Bottom