• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

I have a friend that grows potatoes like that. She grows them up. Once the plant reaches a certain height she adds another tire and more dirt. To get them out you just pull the tires up and the dirt falls to the ground. No digging required

Just a few pictures from the garden.

20200518_173451.jpg
20200518_173459.jpg
20200518_173511.jpg
20200518_174905.jpg
20200518_173812.jpg

Be careful with the metal raised beds and tires.
Just a word of caution. I had used old metal roof for my strawberry bed.
Some of the strawberries were stunted. Found out rust leaches into the soil and is not good for the plants. New galvanized metal will be OK, old rusty not so much.
Also plants are indiscriminate in what they suck up. As long as it dissolved in water it will end up in the fruit. Old tires will leach out chemicals that you will eat. Tire flower beds are not important, raised beds for food are.

Anyone ever used mums in/around garden to prevent bugs? I was researching them as a natural defense and it looks interesting; they produce a naturally occurring chemical similar to permethrin. The flowers can be planted in/next to the garden or the flowers can be steeped into a tea that can be sprayed on the plants.

Also, anyone have good success with fresh water DE for preventing bugs?

Anyone ever used mums in/around garden to prevent bugs? I was researching them as a natural defense and it looks interesting; they produce a naturally occurring chemical similar to permethrin. The flowers can be planted in/next to the garden or the flowers can be steeped into a tea that can be sprayed on the plants.

Also, anyone have good success with fresh water DE for preventing bugs?
I have heard marigolds are very good for this.

Back
Top Bottom