• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

Just found this thread -- some cool ideas here. We're trying some all-organic raised bed gardening this year, with the help of an online gardening course for first timers. No pressure treated wood for less chemicals, all organic soils and compost. Each bed is 3x8 feet, built with 2x6's and some corner deck blocks.

4AC35F13-88A2-4A5F-82EC-9DADEC07DDFB.jpeg

Just found this thread -- some cool ideas here. We're trying some all-organic raised bed gardening this year, with the help of an online gardening course for first timers. No pressure treated wood for less chemicals, all organic soils and compost. Each bed is 3x8 feet, built with 2x6's and some corner deck blocks.

View attachment 2631772
Looks great. Those blocks are awesome (a few cents cheaper at Lowes vs Home Depot, I found out after the fact). After grand ideas of a huge hard scaped combination vegetable flower garden, I got myself tired just thinking about it and used those blocks to build my wife a raised rose bush bed for mother's day. 2'x8'x18" with 3 yards of bulk organic soil picked up from a great local landscape company. All in, including plantings, in a few hours.

I'm hoping to get my garden area ready this year to start one next year. My back yard needs lots of work at the moment

https://www.amazon.com/Soil-Moist-JCD-030SM-3-Pound-Granules/dp/B00061T03G

Water retaining pearls. A litle bit goes a long way. 1/2 a cup of dried pearls is enough for a 4x10 bed. Soak them in the 5 gal bucket for an hour, stirring every few minutes. It will absorb most of the water.
I pour it in 3 rows, 2 for food producing veggies, middle row for pollinator flowers.
Second from the bottom pic shows the finished pearls, slume looking rows.
Keep them 3"below the soil level. Mulch the soil.

Back
Top Bottom