• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

Do you use cisterns to collect rain water then transfer to your drip setup?
Yep. Multiple collection cisterns and multiple watering containers, some on drio irrigation, some use gravity fed hoses.
Will be moving my rhubarb into a new bed in the shade and will put it on drip irrigation as well. Saves water and easy to fertalize

Yep. Multiple collection cisterns and multiple watering containers, some on drio irrigation, some use gravity fed hoses.
Will be moving my rhubarb into a new bed in the shade and will put it on drip irrigation as well. Saves water and easy to fertalize
Do you use water soluble fertilizer and run it through the drip?

Huh? :confused: They can be as elaborate and "pretty" or as simple and utilitarian as you want. And they'll outlast the owner.

5dc47289adb5b6d655533c173915b487.jpg

938f42d2532d1d723edb1d0d18c7de03.jpg

Huh? :confused: They can be as elaborate and "pretty" or as simple and utilitarian as you want. And they'll outlast the owner.

View attachment 2555430

View attachment 2555437
I thought you were talking about foundation blocks. Those are nice, but $$$$$$$.
I am building 8 raised beds total, each is 4'x20' . Ain't no way I am spending money on concrete raosed beds. Pressure treated wooden ones will last me 10-15 years.

I thought you were talking about foundation blocks. Those are nice, but $$$$$$$.
I am building 8 raised beds total, each is 4'x20' . Ain't no way I am spending money on concrete raosed beds. Pressure treated wooden ones will last me 10-15 years.
You've got a commercial farm going on man. ;) I assumed OP wanted one or two beds.

Anyone here created a raised garden bed? The wife wants one in the backyard, so I figured I would see what others have done. I know I could slap 4 2x10’s together, but I’m sure there are other creative options.

Any lessons learned? I read on one site not to make them wider than 3 feet to reach everything.

The rubber tracks off a CTL or mini ex work beautifully.

There’s about 7 of them used for that purpose around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That wont last long. Even treated ones rot in a few years. They took all of the "good" stuff out of the treatment

That’s the truth: the only thing to get the old creosote poles is typically a Chevrolet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom