• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

Hello mine is 12 feet by 80 feet on an incline so the back edge is 6 inches deep and the side down the hill is 24 inches deep with 5 dividers. I had top soil delivered and there is where my problems began. I wasn't there when it was delivered otherwise I would rejected it and sent it and the driver down the road.The soil was plain old field dirt if that, it was full of various size rocks from pea size up to the size of your fist.The worst of all and there is nothing you can do about identifying this problem is NEMATODES, microscopic worms that can be beneficial or harmful. Well guess which one my soil was loaded with, you guessed right and now my garden grows the plants for a while but will not grow enough to produce and vegetables. The harmful group of worms burrows into the roots, stems and leaves. There is no effective chemical control approved for home owners. there are only ways to try to limit the damage they do.There are other ways to try to eliminate them you can look those up on line.

Built this one last weekend was able to fill it with dirt from my grandparents garden spot where my mom was born. Looking forward to growing some good stuff. It’s 6x13

Attachments

• BA9AF24D-1535-4DBE-8980-968B8E4FBE47.jpeg
    BA9AF24D-1535-4DBE-8980-968B8E4FBE47.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 58
I like the wicking bucket idea as I don't have a lot of room for the raised beds. Does anyone have plans for those buckets? I tried to listen to the videos but could not follow due to the rambling and backing up. I am just looking for a drawing.

Back
Top Bottom