• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Raised Garden Bed

The "good" stuff was arsenic. Not something I would want in my raised bed and food.
also penta chlorophenol and copper napthanate. My guess is that it was not removed for being a health hazard, it was removed so it would not endure and consumers would have to buy more. I use cinder blocks now

also penta chlorophenol and copper napthanate. My guess is that it was not removed for being a health hazard, it was removed so it would not endure and consumers would have to buy more. I use cinder blocks now
I have often wondered how much if any of these chemicals would have been taken up by the plants and consumed when the fruits or vegetables were harvested. Plants are picky about what they uptake.

I have often wondered how much if any of these chemicals would have been taken up by the plants and consumed when the fruits or vegetables were harvested. Plants are picky about what they uptake.
Plants will take up whatever is dissolved in water. That's why herbicides work, plants suck up what kills them.
Keep your timber dry and bed will last for years. Put bottom row on the gravel, so it does not get soaked. Line the inside of the bed with landscaping fabric, wood will stay drier.

Plants will take up whatever is dissolved in water. That's why herbicides work, plants suck up what kills them.
Keep your timber dry and bed will last for years. Put bottom row on the gravel, so it does not get soaked. Line the inside of the bed with landscaping fabric, wood will stay drier.
In the process of building one right now, I had some heavy plastic I am using. Going to try your method on the next one. Gardening has been near impossible last several years because of how the rain has hit.

In the process of building one right now, I had some heavy plastic I am using. Going to try your method on the next one. Gardening has been near impossible last several years because of how the rain has hit.
I put gravel on the bottom, on top of the landscing fabric in the bed to keep exxcess water drained. Top 8" or so of fill gets watering pearls, they absobrb water and release it slowly to the roots. Helps in the summer. If it is really dry, top can be mulched with pine shavings, they will rot in 1 season and enrich the soil in the fall, winter.

I put gravel on the bottom, on top of the landscing fabric in the bed to keep exxcess water drained. Top 8" or so of spil gets watering pearls, they absobrb water and release it slowly to the roots. Helps in the summer. If it is really dry, top can be mulched with pine shavings, they will rot in 1 season and enrich the soil in the fall, winter.

Do you use cisterns to collect rain water then transfer to your drip setup?

Back
Top Bottom