• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

QRF May Day Suppressor Demo Event 5/7/16

lol, yep that was me. I even had people offering me tickets. I could have set up a table just for the .45-70

.45-70 isn't so bad if you reload. You can get big lead bullets for ~.25-.28 a rd, then primer & powder another .10/rd. Brass is expensive at first, but straight-walled, low pressure brass lasts a long time. So ~.38/rd not counting labor and overhead. Compared to $1.50/rd for commercial loads.

I was talking to the guys at Liberty and the marketing guy said they'd be coming out with a .458 can in the near future too. He was trying to sell the idea (internal to Liberty) of a limited edition case hardened finish as an optional finish. Would look great on a lever gun.

Wish we had a way to tell who all the odt members were there.
This^^ The one and only guy I asked if he was on the outdoors trader gave me a totally clueless look. Turns out he came all the way from Indiana for todays events.

I also had a blast today. Met up with a good friend and we hit up almost all of the booths. Sig was my favorite just for the coversation. Really enjoyed talking to those guys. I did make a major mistake and forgot to wear a hat. Im baked crispy! Thanks Jake for putting on another good show this year! I would have loved to meet some more guys on here but I felt weird asking everyone. We all need to wear odt tshirts next year.

The one and only guy I asked if he was on the outdoors trader gave me a totally clueless look.

I sat and talked to the two guys in suits over lunch. They looked at me like I had two heads when I asked if they were from the ODT.

I'll probably grab an ODT shirt before the next one.

Me and my buddy had a great time yesterday. Big thanks to QRF. We spent most of our time around the Dead Air tent. Mike Pappas was great to deal with as were the rest of the Dead Air guys. I then walked over to the SilencerCo tent. I was trying to compare the Sandman S to the Omega. Unfortunately, thanks to the tall guy with the beard from Allen Arms or whoever the heck they were, SilencerCo probably just lost out on a multiple suppressor sale. He wouldn't swap the Omega off the 300 blackout. I couldn't compare apples to apples. Let it be a lesson to people in the business. Dead Air will get my $3k suppressor purchase not only because of their great products but their superior customer service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom