• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

QRF May Day Suppressor Demo Event 5/7/16

It was really cool to talk with and shoot with industry guys. I spent a good amount of time with silencerco and dead air. I havnt bought a dead air can yet but Mike Pappas earned my business. He was genuously enthusiastic about having people shoot. Every time I walked by he was eager to hand me more guns and ammo.
On the flip side, Sig felt like an OSHA convention, only one shooter at a time, rep had to carry the gun and mag to and from the line, was scolded for touching the MCX at the table. I'm glad someone else enjoyed their conversation. I did enjoy shooting the MCX 300 blk.
Dead Air and Liberty guys were very personable. I came this close to buying Cosmic X instead of Optimus, but after adding in all the mounting options that Optimus has straight out of the box vs CosmicX that has no piston or taper mount, Optimus seemed like a better buy.

Griffin Arms took apart the Optimus for me, reconfigured it for my SR22 and I tested it on my host.

I thought it made that 240 seem like a tame kitty. Especially when standing beside it.

It was. Comparatively not really though. It was the only thing that really cut through my ears and made hearing how good a suppressor worked near it a little more difficult. With all that said it was stil really really cool. Did anyone one here toy with that suppressed .45 enfield. That thing was a lot of fun.

Dead Air and Liberty guys were very personable. I came this close to buying Cosmic X instead of Optimus, but after adding in all the mounting options that Optimus has straight out of the box vs CosmicX that has no piston or taper mount, Optimus seemed like a better buy.

Griffin Arms took apart the Optimus for me, reconfigured it for my SR22 and I tested it on my host.

I wanted to test it on my Scorpion, but they didn't have the 9mm direct thread endcap. Only the piston. But I did shoot it on that .308 they had and it was impressive.

I wanted to test it on my Scorpion, but they didn't have the 9mm direct thread endcap. Only the piston. But I did shoot it on that .308 they had and it was impressive.
You are welcome to try my Optimus, in 5 months :smile:

Back
Top Bottom