• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

PSA is the bestest

I like some of the deals but PSA customer service is pure ****! 💩💩💩
This is a big part of my point. I’m not trying to be a snob or a gatekeeper. I would also take a PSA over no gun.

My point is a gun with ****ty customer support that doesn’t perform to the same degree as its competitors (even if it’s cheaper) isn’t something that should be considered impressive. It just makes sense. This is a sample size of one, but if we were taking the PSA performance in the video at face value that means:

BCM upper costs $650 and has excellent customer support if you happen to get an out of spec product. They have high QC and the barrel life should be about 25-30k rounds.

Colt upper costs $550 and has ok customer support if you happen to get an out of spec product. They have middle of the road QC and the barrel life should be about 25-30k rounds.

PSA upper costs $300 and has poor customer support. They have inconsistent QC, will have a higher likelihood of being out of spec and a barrel that lasts 1/5 the lifespan.

So for a bit over half the price you get ~1/5 the product life and ****ty support if something fails.

If you don’t shoot your guns enough for this to matter, you should train more.

If you have no interest in training more, you shouldn’t get your feelings hurt when people who rely on their guns call yours out for not being up to par.

If you just go plink at the range with your PSA once a year, more power to ya.

So, for those that are unhappy with psa customer service, what are your personal experiences with it? I've never needed to use it but I've mostly only used there stripped lowers. I have one upper by them but Its a 7 inch 300 black so I expected some tuning to be necessary. I tend to prefer Aero parts but I'm sure they have there detractors too.

I thought they were more dangerous to the owner ... Like Taurus.
But then I have been reading threads at ODT.
This has got to be embarrassing for those operators at ODT

So, for those that are unhappy with psa customer service, what are your personal experiences with it? I've never needed to use it but I've mostly only used there stripped lowers. I have one upper by them but Its a 7 inch 300 black so I expected some tuning to be necessary. I tend to prefer Aero parts but I'm sure they have there detractors too.
My personal experience was a few ****ed up lower parts, and an order on ammo that shipped packaged like trash. Each call to customer service their response was always “oh that sucks” with no effort to replace parts or make it right.

From what I’ve heard from others, if you’re persistent and try to force them to send you new stuff, it’s a sloooooow draining process.

Before I was an FFL and a dealer with PSA I bought a complete upper and complete lower combo from them. Probably around 2014.

The fit was very sloppy between the two, after mounting the upper on my other lowers and some of my friends lowers I determined the upper must be out of spec because it was just really sloppy on everything.

Sent PSA a polite email explaining my issue, they quickly sent me a return label, and shipped me a new upper that fit like it should. It did take about 3 weeks after they received my first upper to mail my second.

As a dealer with them since around 2018 I've never had to use their customer service despite selling and transferring a lot of their rifles. There's been minor assembly issues I just fixed myself. I'm sure most my customers who buy budget minded PSA products don't compete or shoot thousands of rounds, and if the did we'd probably see more issues, so I'm not saying everything has been 100% correct.

Dollar for dollar PSA is hard to beat. There are smaller companies with much better quality control and response time and if that's what is important to an individual they should definitely use their favorite brand. But PSA operates at an economy of scale, and it's working for them, their success and product expansion is evidence of that.

You just have to realize with a company this size, operating at their margins, you may not get an immediate email back from some nice customers service rep treating you like you're the most important thing in the world.

I guarantee all the PSA products I sell 100%. If there's any problems I'll gladly exchange on my end first because I'm 100% confident PSA will treat me right when I return the defective product to them. But that hasn't happened since my first purchase from them 10 years ago.

Ford vs Ferrari
PSA is an incredible value - HEY just buy one every couple thousand
Gucci rifle 5000.00 get 5000 rds
PSA 500.00 2000rds another one 500.00 2000rds another one 500.00 2000rds another one 500.00 2000rds etc etc

Doing the math PSA5000 gets you 20000 rds or GUCCI 5000 gets 5000 rds

Back
Top Bottom