• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA about Freedom Munitions

drewga11

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
66   0
Reaction score
Maybe wrong forum, but whatever. I know some people here are prob too ammo snobby to buy from them anyway, but for those who do buy their ammo.

Check all your rounds after you get them. I usually don't check mine, but for some reason I pulled a box out to look at them today when shipment arrived.

I found one in first box that was obviously not seated all the way in the case, and 2 boxes later I found one that I'm not sure if it's a soft point or if the end of the bullet somehow got chopped off. Took pics and emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. Will update when I do with their response.

I should prob also mention this was supposedly
PXL_20230411_194000530~2.jpg
PXL_20230411_194708145.jpg
PXL_20230411_195716940.jpg
"New" 308 175gr HPBT "Match", not their remanufactured stuff.

That ammo is also sold by LAX ammo. For range ammo/practice it's just ok. I would never make it my EDC/personal defense ammo.

Keep us posted how they treat you.

Shot a ton of their ammo back in the day. It always went bang. Don't shoot as much these days and haven't ordered from them in a while.

Never shot their ammo but read many stories about how bad their quality is. If your gonna shoot reman or a secondary manufacture stick with people that have a great rep, ie Summit.

I have shot a lot of Freedom over the years. I have never had issue with their 9mm until a few weeks ago I had a primer not ignite. I did have issue with their 38 special years ago. I had several failures to fire in a box. When I called them they didnt seem to care. I think I had to send them the rest of the box and they sent me a new box. At the time shipping was cheap enough but I wasnt happy

Back
Top Bottom