• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA JAKL

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Looking to buy a “non-ar15” 5.56 gun and I’m looking at the JAKL. Seems to have good reviews so far. Anyone have the 16”? I like the 13.7 but my Optimus doesnt work with Keymo. Might get a .300blk pistol.

I just recently bought one and so far I'm pleased with the accuracy. I ordered the 14.5 upper with no flash hider and installed a Griffen m4 flash/comp. I have a Optimus also. Then I waited for the blemished lower for $299 to go on sale. Alot of the Griffen muzzle attachments are pre drilled making p&w easy.

I've had that 11.5" barrel and currently have the 14.5" pin and welded barrel and both have run like champs. 300blkout would be ideal for it as it's a great suppressor host, and I'd definitely recommend getting the upgraded charging handle for it if you decide to get one!

They look great and functionally you won’t be disappointed either. But if you haven’t held one yet, just know they are top/front heavy. The main draw for the JAKL is shooting suppressed, which only adds even more weight. Even with the adjustable gas piston, it doesn’t do anything for me that a quality DI can’t do, while being far more maneuverable.

It’s not that the JAKL is too heavy to use, just that’s it’s unnecessary to me to have something weigh that much while shooting 5.56, and still not even maximizing the potential of the round. A 20” DI 5.56 will still weigh less and offer more performance. But for me personally, if I’m going to lug around additional weight with me it will simply be in 308.

That's a fair argument with the Jakl, it definitely has more weight than say my DDM4V7, even when both stripped down. I'm a bigger guy so I don't mind the extra weight, but it definitely is a factor in with it

They look great and functionally you won’t be disappointed either. But if you haven’t held one yet, just know they are top/front heavy. The main draw for the JAKL is shooting suppressed, which only adds even more weight. Even with the adjustable gas piston, it doesn’t do anything for me that a quality DI can’t do, while being far more maneuverable.

It’s not that the JAKL is too heavy to use, just that’s it’s unnecessary to me to have something weigh that much while shooting 5.56, and still not even maximizing the potential of the round. A 20” DI 5.56 will still weigh less and offer more performance. But for me personally, if I’m going to lug around additional weight with me it will simply be in 308.

I’ve read about the weight. I’m not 100% sold on it just trying to gather real world feedback. I like heavier guns so I’m not too worried about it. Don’t really plan on running suppressed but want to keep the option open.

One plus for the weight is there is very little recoil and I mean very little. You can put more rounds on target faster. And shooting suppressed is cleaner. I've noticed that when you pull a mag out with ammo still in it the ammo and inside the mag is a lot clearer than a di rifle. Here is a target I shot last week end. The lower right 3 shots were after a bore site. The upper left 3 was after scope adjustment. 3 close to center and the last 3 head shots was after I over adjusted the scope. I didn't realize that 1 click was 1 inch. I used a PA SLX 1 power and pmc 55 grn ammo. At 100 yds.

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_145847370.jpg
    IMG_20240218_145847370.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 29
This is how I run mine. Sandman S can, vortex LPVO, running on a 14.5" barrel 5.56, all around duty set up that I can do anything with and hit reliable groups with. In all honesty, if you're not running a suppressor, your standard AR will be much lighter and perform everything the standard shooter will want. If you wanna run suppressed, this is less gassy, softer shooting, and a great host

Attachments

• 20240225_145242.jpg
    20240225_145242.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 27
This is how I run mine. Sandman S can, vortex LPVO, running on a 14.5" barrel 5.56, all around duty set up that I can do anything with and hit reliable groups with. In all honesty, if you're not running a suppressor, your standard AR will be much lighter and perform everything the standard shooter will want. If you wanna run suppressed, this is less gassy, softer shooting, and a great host

Yeah I’m leaning that way I think. Might pick up a Jakl if funds allow down the road but I think a quality DI gun may be best. Love that build

Back
Top Bottom