• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: .45ACP Boltgun

Here's the final product....Dave left town for awhile, I left town, had to order a part, then I forgot about it...anyhow, she's done now and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to shoot it!

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140913_143046433_zpsal5nmrj4.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140913_143028907_zps9fygojtz.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140913_143015944_HDR_zpsmq2ipv1g.jpg

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_IMG_20140913_142950023_zpsoo1y05ip.jpg

Live that bolt handle.

I think the stock could grow on me.

Is it free floated?

Why have the sight so far back?

Bed dat action.

Live that bolt handle.
As do I. "Custom" made by Dave. :thumb:

I think the stock could grow on me.
I like it...the grip is great and the forend is nice and wide.

Is it free floated?
Yes.

Why have the sight so far back?
If they had put it on the skinnier part of the barrel, there wouldn't have been enough metal to catch the screw....also would have had to make a baseplate to get the sights level.

Bed dat action.
Eventually...once I decide if it's going to stay in this stock.

Also what's with that barrel profile?
It's the way it comes from Rhineland Arms. It's designed to fit under the original top wood of the Mauser stock. They call it a "military profile."

So Romi, would you recommend the Rhineland 45acp conversion to people?
Honestly...probably not, no. The cheapey extractor not with standing, it does provide an easy way to get a .45 bolt gun. But the extractor being so flimsy, had I not had access to you, I'd have been highly peeved.

Is really like to shoot this side by side with the 44spl bolt action. We should really get Aravelo to come meter again and get the new Dobbs cans on the meter.

I can't imagine it's much quieter or louder than a .44 special. You name the place, I'll try to be there.

Back
Top Bottom