• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: .45ACP Boltgun

Excellent, I'm glad to see that everything held together. I had a thought. We can fill that void in with bedding compound and it won't fill up with casings anymore. I believe I can improve a lot on that extractor too. We had problems with two magazines, I think we marked them LR or something to denote that they were hanging on the last round. You were beating it harder than we were though so maybe thats not a problem if you just jam the **** out of it. We'll do a little tweeking when you come back by.
Thanks for the props man. :thumb:
I've been thinking....and we can talk when I come in but I don't see the need to fill in the magwell....it didn't happen often. Just in the video (of course, right?). As to the ejector, I think just the slightest little bit of material on the end of it would fix the few missed shells but honestly, I can live with it as is.

Yeah, I found the mags you marked and the failure to feed on the second mag was one of those. However, I never experienced any difficulty with the other one you marked. Perhaps it is my predilection to run a bolt gun with alacrity that negated the issues? :noidea:

[video=youtube_share;T3aeM8eFKu4]http://youtu.be/T3aeM8eFKu4[/video]

Here's the video. Just a couple of caveats:

- keep in mind that this rifle is designed to be a range toy and suppressor host. When it was built we knew that it wouldn't be a 100% rifle. That being said....out of 200+ rounds through right different magazines, most magazines ran 100%

- the issue with ejection was that if I worked the bolt pulling toward the port side, the case would miss the ejector and not eject. When that happened, the round would fall into the cavity in the magwell behind the magazine. That's what you see when I dump them out on the table.

- the failure to feed was the magazine that Brian told me he had trouble with.

All in all, I could be happier. I'll be putting some Savage Hog Hunter sites on it and then we'll cerakote the whole thing and then I'll bump this thread in a handful of months when the Octane comes through!

Left the range truly pleased today. Thanks to the boys at Dobbs! :thumb:

oh yea, let me know when your free to pick these sights up

Back
Top Bottom