• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Project: .45ACP Boltgun

Shaping up nicely. Glad you decided to ditch the top cover.

That long action looks "funny" knowing it's throwing a .45acp.

You gonna drill/tap for a mount or what are you thinking about for an optic?

Oh, and diggin' on the bolt handle...

:thumb:
I'm currently looking for an optics solution....I am trying to find a set of iron sights off of a Savage Hog Hunter but that is proving difficult. I have contacted Savage to see if they will sell me a set. Fingers crossed.

I don't know man, my 44spl is pretty sluggish and heavy and only got low 120's through the octane.

You may be right but I'm thinking at a round that was designed to be efficient and dump all of its energy out of a 5" barrel is going to have hardly any muzzle pressure at all by the time it gets 11 more inches down the barrel. I could be wrong though.

Super serial?
I'm positive, HIV positive.
You may be right but I'm thinking at a round that was designed to be efficient and dump all of its energy out of a 5" barrel is going to have hardly any muzzle pressure at all by the time it gets 11 more inches down the barrel. I could be wrong though.

From what I can tell the 44 spl is under or at 750psi at 17". My 38spl in a 20" barrel metered about the same. I'm almost entirely convinced the noise left is firing pins and bullet noise.

Back
Top Bottom