• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Post up your reviews - Favorite BBQ restaurant?

What type of BBQ is best?

• Chicken

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Pulled/chopped pork

Votes: 58 41.1%
  • Pork ribs

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Beef ribs

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • BBQ beef

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • BBQ Tacos

• I’m a vegan save the animals

• BBQ brisket

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters
JR’s Log House is on Peachtree Industrial just north of Norcross almost to Duluth.
The Old Hickory House restaurants are in multiple locations throughout the south, mostly north and mid GA but some in Ncarolina , Scarolina, Tenn …..it has been a few years since I saw any of them but last I knew there were 20+stores
I think ??
(of course with recent seizure events, my memory is floppy too ! Lol )
The Old Hickory House was a staple in Atlanta, but I think they are all gone now. First place I know of that featured and open pit in the restaurant. If you wanted "outside" you got "outside".. No one called it "bark" then,

My dad's Sunday school class loved eating breakfast their. His favorite was their Streak of Lean Biscuit, which is about old timey as you can get.

He took my mother out to Old Hickory House for breakfast on January 1, 1994. He had a Streak of lean biscuit, came home, was watching the Rose Bowl Parade, and had a heart attach and died right there. Draw what conclusions you choose about Steak of lean biscuits.

Meeting a friend for lunch this weekend. Need some decent BBQ recommendations located between Monroe and Peachtree City - no, ****ing Atlanta is not ‘between.’

Sweet Auburn BBQ McDonough, Ga
usally i go for the pork but went with brisket this time . wife got pork tacos.
3/4inch thick. thought it would be tuff but not so. very tender w/nice piece of fat. smoke flavor on brisket and pork was soft/subtle, maybe a fruitwood?The bark was nice flavorful but not hard. Jerk collards and pear coleslaw were good too. 20.00$ plate little steep but the food and service very nice.
sweet auburn.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom