• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

place to shoot

I'll be an ass here and admit that I don't train strangers for free.

It COSTS me money to train someone. Costs me money just to take a friend to the range to plink around. Costs me money to take myself to range and just train MYSELF, all by my lonesome.

As a professional Instructor with an LLC, I maintain over $3 million in professional liability insurance, which I pay a yearly fee for. Goes everywhere I go.

I train on a piece of private property that isn't open to the public. I pay to use that.

My paper/cardboard/steel targets, 1x2's, and target frames are all paid for by me.

Now that I'm "retired", I have 4 jobs. I'm at my full-time job 5 days a week. I try and take care of what I need to do for my other 3 jobs on the 2 days that I am "off".

My go-to plan for my 2 days off per week is to spend as much of that time as possible with my family. If I'm going to do ANYTHING for anyone for free on those 2 days, it will be my family. Folks that want me to take time away from my family will have to pay for that time. To do otherwise would mean that I value time spent with strangers as much as the time that I spend with my family. Not even close.

Man there are some wealthy gun snobs on the ODT and they don't mind letting you know with snobby remarks towards other ODT members, did anyone take the time to see the OP has a Navy banner on his Avatar? No
yes us navy vet. served two tours in nam as a corpsman, thats more than i can say about many of these people and their snide remarks

Back
Top Bottom