• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry?

they werent just pan-handling, they were walking up on me (and since you were there why dont you tell everyone about it specifically, or are you just another all knowing arm-chair commando behind a screen?)

dont be surprised when you contract hep-c because you let an aggressive douche get to close to ya :)

I was actually walking in front of you when it happened. but since I was OC... they targeted you instead. Sorry bro:D

they werent just pan-handling, they were walking up on me (and since you were there why dont you tell everyone about it specifically, or are you just another all knowing arm-chair commando behind a screen?)

dont be surprised when you contract hep-c because you let an aggressive douche get to close to ya :)

Ha, not an armchair anything...just referencing YOUR story about your FOURTH time 'having to pull your weapon."

I like Hep C.:)

Ha, not an armchair anything...just referencing YOUR story about your FOURTH time 'having to pull your weapon."

I like Hep C.:)
well, you were clearly there all 4 times in atlanta when i felt threatened enough to defend myself by using threat of force. ive only pointed it one person though

and you sound like a chairborne ranger to me, just sayin

Open carry is legal as long as you have a permit, without a carry permit you have to be hunting with a handgun to be legal
I'm pretty sure this is correct for the state of georgia ,if anyone has better info please share

Maybe I just don't get nervous as easily? I walk around south central LA detroit, etc in the middle of the night and I've never felt threatened enough that I needed to pull a gun, a knife or anything else ... I've had thug life punks in my face and I always manage to make the situation go away with words. Maybe it's how/where I was raised or the training or something but if that gun comes out of the holster it isn't a threat it's because it's time to shoot something.... period. They don't call it cocked, locked and ready to rock for no reason.

Or maybe the difference is that I don't want to actually shoot someone and maybe you actually do?

Maybe I just don't get nervous as easily? I walk around south central LA detroit, etc in the middle of the night and I've never felt threatened enough that I needed to pull a gun, a knife or anything else ... I've had thug life punks in my face and I always manage to make the situation go away with words. Maybe it's how/where I was raised or the training or something but if that gun comes out of the holster it isn't a threat it's because it's time to shoot something.... period. They don't call it cocked, locked and ready to rock for no reason.
:thumb:

Agreed to some extent open carry is like a uniformed officer. Part deterant and part tactical stupidity. Most thugs will leave you be because they're looking for "soft targets". However a determined attacker will indeed shoot you first. I believe the element of surprise is vital so it conceal for me.
Can you provide factual evidence that this has ever happened? I hear this all the time,but have never read or heard or seen a news report where anyone open carrying was shot for his gun or "shot first" in a robbery or any other situation. I put this in the category of urban legend unless you can provide actual proof that what you state has actually occurred.

Back
Top Bottom