• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry?

graphics8.nytimes.com_images_2012_05_06_arts_06CONTEST3_06CONTEST3_jumbo.jpg

Georgia has the Georgia Weapons Carry License (GWCL), it is not a Conceal Carry Permit (CCP/CCW). You have to have one from your Probate Judge in the county you have residency in to be able to Open Carry or Conceal Carry.

We have no training requirement (even though training is a great idea) to get the GWCL. We are a little freer than Texas.:D

Some very good reading about Georgia Firearms Laws here: http://georgiapacking.org/law.php

And here: http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

BTW: Welcome back to Georgia!

Last edited:
you need a permit to carry a handgun, concealed or otherwise, on your person

open carry isnt really the best idea if ya ask me, it wouldnt take alot for someone to lift that gun off your hip (and for those who say its a deterrent, its also an attraction because you have a 500 dollar piece of equipment that is sought after by thugs)

dont open carry if you can help it

Right. Just pull it out after you curse at someone for panhandling.

you need a permit to carry a handgun, concealed or otherwise, on your person

open carry isnt really the best idea if ya ask me, it wouldnt take alot for someone to lift that gun off your hip (and for those who say its a deterrent, its also an attraction because you have a 500 dollar piece of equipment that is sought after by thugs)

dont open carry if you can help it

Agreed. I don't want anyone knowing I have a pistol unless they're staring down the muzzle at a hollow point.

Agreed to some extent open carry is like a uniformed officer. Part deterant and part tactical stupidity. Most thugs will leave you be because they're looking for "soft targets". However a determined attacker will indeed shoot you first. I believe the element of surprise is vital so it conceal for me.

Open carry with confidence. Have situational awareness and be prepared to answer stupid questions from the sheople, but that's about all the trouble you're going to have.

with a permit you can open carry and for the most part nobody bugs you about it, but you might have some people ask how to get a permit to carry(had a few people ask me how to get the permit and what it costs). the worst i have encountered are people that ask me why i carry or need a gun and i tell em that i have a permit to carry pull it out and show it and they just leavem be about it

open carry allows you to carry larger fullsize handguns that concealing it would be more of pain

Last edited:
Right. Just pull it out after you curse at someone for panhandling.

they werent just pan-handling, they were walking up on me (and since you were there why dont you tell everyone about it specifically, or are you just another all knowing arm-chair commando behind a screen?)

dont be surprised when you contract hep-c because you let an aggressive douche get to close to ya :)

Back
Top Bottom