• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry in Georgia

Are you sure? I called and asked and spoke to two different people and got two different answers. Left me totally confused and frustrated. It seems the people down there at the county probate don't know there own rules.

Are you sure? I called and asked and spoke to two different people and got two different answers. Left me totally confused and frustrated. It seems the people down there at the county probate don't know there own rules.

As long as your permit hasn't expired then you have the only permit there is to have.

It use to be called a CCW permit, then a GFL, and most recently a GWL. They are all they same, GA now issues the GWL which means Georgia Weapons License. They are all one in the same and allow you to open & conceal carry in the state of GA.

Whenever you renew you will get a GWL with your picture on it. It's the most recent permit issued.

As long as your permit hasn't expired then you have the only permit there is to have.

It use to be called a CCW permit, then a GFL, and most recently a GWL. They are all they same, GA now issues the GWL which means Georgia Weapons License. They are all one in the same and allow you to open & conceal carry in the state of GA.

Whenever you renew you will get a GWL with your picture on it. It's the most recent permit issued.
100% spot on^^

Back
Top Bottom