• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Open Carry in Georgia

The probate court people are the absolute worst, bottom of the barrel I think. I called in there to get a clear understanding of what knives were actually legal to carry with the GWL and was actually told that they can't give that kind of advice and that I should contact georgiacarry.org (I wish I were kidding) The people that uphold the law and hand out permits that authorize you to carry these weapons told me to talk to a lobbying organization to find out what was or wasn't legal. I mean are you kidding me?

Well GCO sued the Probates to make them follow the law(so maybe they realize we know it better than they do(I should say that as many do know and follow the law to a T)), and we have continued to sue the rogue ones.

On the knife situation...

It's still kinda of a mess although the state now has pre-emption(the cities and counties can't make laws against the carry of them anymore).

If you have a GWL, the way I understand it, you can carry a less than 5" bladed knife. But on public transportation(MARTA and the like) the law is poorly worded and if it's just a pocket knife I think you are OK, if it is a knife "designed for offense and defense" then it would be against the law. Schools are another problem I believe the blade must be less than 2".

Back
Top Bottom